Toyota Nation Forum banner

2x2 lifted?

3K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  david lo pan 
#1 ·
What up. Total newbie to the world of Tacomas and needed a little advice. I was given a 05 sr5 2x2 and was wondering if it is possible to get it lifted. Basically make it look like the pre runner. Is it worth it or would it cost too much. Thanks people.

#3 ·
x2 Got the bilstein 5100's with toytec coils. If you aren't going to be going offroad, spacer lift should be fine. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
You haven't seen a front wheel drive motorcycles because they arn't made commercially, there are 2x2 dirtbikes, and a 2x2 mountain bike. Look it up they exist, i've seen them with my own eyes. As for lifting the 5 lug. Get the 5100's, and a spring over rear conversion. I'm pretty sure the 5 lugs have the rear leafs under the axle, not on top like the 6 lugs.

#18 ·
if a 2x2 bike or motorcycle is real, then how can you steer them. a belt would pop and would not reach or come off when turned to one side. shaft driven bikes would break the shaft. and chain driven is the same as the belt. that bike is only good for going down hill. and there will be no way of leaning. you would not be able to even turn the bike when still.​

#19 · (Edited)
Not true, there have been 2 wheel drive bikes in the past...they have just been uneconomical to build due to their complexity. They are actually starting to catch on now in the dirt bike world due to their increased traction :)

Some prime examples would be the Yamaha bike released in 2004

http://www.gizmag.com/go/2351/

and a two wheel drive bicycle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkKiplBKa7Q

#20 ·
To the OP an sr5 base non-prerunner can be lifted to almost prerunner height with a readylift kit. It can be bought at most 4wd shops for around $300 and then installed and aligned for another $300-$400 depending on hourly labor rates. Also you mght wanna look into aftermarket rear shocks from pro comp. If you do a search you'll find which ones I'm talking about. Wheels and tires are up to you on how much you spend. Good luck. I have done this and never regretted it. It looks 1000 times better lifted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.