Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car. 2006 Toyota Corolla fielder. Engine: 2ZR-FE
Bought this car at 160k mileages.
Changed the Sparks to npk plugs about two months ago which are already burning up and damp on the plugs itself like gas?
Recently got an engine light for
cylinder two ignition coil misfire
Mass air intake flow sensor.
Replaced both.
After researching, cleaned the body throttle because of the clogged sounds.
Wasn't able to get to the IAC value because of the type of screws or rivets.

Help would be appreciated, thank you

I have attached videos of the how it sounds

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sounds LOUD. like, you have a hole in your headers loud... are your plugs oem spec, and gapped correctly?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Look behind the motor, in between the firewall and motor, should look like 4 large tubes going down to under the car, this is the exhaust manifold. There are bolts holding it on to the motor. There is a gasket that may be damaged/ loose bolts. Looking under the car before the catalytic converter is another contact point where there are bolts and a gasket at work

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,319 Posts
That sounds like a doughnut gasket at the end of the exhaust manifold. I can hear a hiss.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,205 Posts
I agree that an exhaust gasket or leak is from somewhere. I would also make sure that you use iridium Denso plugs gapped properly. I would also look at changing the PCV valve and cleaning the intake manifold since you said that the throttle body has been cleaned. Also change the intake manifold gasket when cleaning the intake manifold.

·
Registered
167 Posts
if the leak is far enough on the downpipe, the noise will calm down when at speed and not accelerating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies concern this post. I am off from work tomorrow. Will take another long for exhaust leaks. I have made my mind up to get OEM spark plugs. Hopefully progress can be made tomorrow.
Can rough idle and jerking be caused by exhaust manifold

if the leak is far enough on the downpipe, the noise will calm down when at speed and not accelerating.
Yes I have experienced this. Noisy when accelerating. calmer at high speeds over 3000rpm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts