Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think is a more potent powerplant? ...and why?

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Yamaha built G-head flows more than Niagara Falls makes it capable of producing 120 - 130 horsepower/liter completely N/A. Not to mention, the piston speeds, high compression, high redline and 6 speed ratios.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Yamaha built G-head flows more than Niagara Falls makes it capable of producing 120 - 130 horsepower/liter completely N/A. Not to mention, the piston speeds, high compression, high redline and 6 speed ratios.
LIFT! haha.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay so i guess all new xrs models are trash compared to the older ones...

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
They aren't trash, just more family oriented with the 2AZ and mild suspension. The previous generation XRS/GTS were more directed towards performance, biggest clue Lotus uses the 2ZZ-GE which was in these cars.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
They aren't trash, just more family oriented with the 2AZ and mild suspension. The previous generation XRS/GTS were more directed towards performance, biggest clue Lotus uses the 2ZZ-GE which was in these cars.
Toyota no longer has a high-rpm 4-cylinder engine like the 2ZZ-GE, so what they have done with the current Corolla XRS is to put a larger engine, from their larger car, the 2AZ 4-cylinder from the Camry, in place of the smaller 2ZR.

Mazda does this also in their Mazda3 GT model: substitute the larger 4-cylinder engine from the next larger car, the Mazda6, in place of the smaller engine in the GS model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts