Toyota Nation Forum banner

321 - 326 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
I've never been told to avoid any partial throttle under boost as that is what most is as I rarely just floor it. I haven't had any issues with detonation.

I don't mind trying to help develop some data sets. I would just need you to help me learn and understand what and how I would do that. Interfacing a computer and getting the information and even learning what I'm seeing would be great to know.
That's great Jim. It will be really interesting to see if we get similar results. There may also be a difference in the air/fuel ratios we see due to the differences in shift patterns and TPS readings between the auto and manual transmissions. This evening I'll start to do a write up on methods we can use to 'log' our data. Off to work now.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
That's great Jim. It will be really interesting to see if we get similar results. There may also be a difference in the air/fuel ratios we see due to the differences in shift patterns and TPS readings between the auto and manual transmissions. This evening I'll start to do a write up on methods we can use to 'log' our data. Off to work now.
Sounds good! Feel free to call me if you need to.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Sounds good! Feel free to call me if you need to.
Excellent! A call may be in order. We could talk a bit first about what we're seeing. I'll pm you and we'll agree on a time. Sound good?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
After a bath and a good rip

I don't know if it's the weather (temp, humidity etc) or the car's ECU learning both fueling at idle and the new shift patterns, but the car is working great. The car hasn't stalled or even bucked at idle the last few times I've driven it. I drove around town and highway for a good hour after work and there were no stalls at stop lights, even idle and the shifting seems to have improved a lot. It's also starting on the first crank now. Before I might have to turn it over 2 or three times. I'm still getting some rich AFRs at light throttle deceleration and very light throttle (more like feathering the pedal) cruise, but oddly the ECU is commanding these AFRs. My 08 pretty much always commands 14.69, very infrequently 13s, but only for a split second.

Anyway, went for a good long drive tonight and entered full boost a half dozen times. The car pulls like crazy and shifts actually quite smoothly. After a good workout, coolant temps never exceeded 195, oil temps under 200, Trans temps around 180 - 190. It is cool out and the highest intake temp I saw tonight was around 80F. Very happy for now!

I still have to tighten my wastegate actuator arm but I'm hitting ~6 - 6.5 psi with the new kit in my BOV (Forge sent me a rebuild kit). Not sure if I really want or need the full 8.5 boost.

Crappy lighting + crappy camera = crappy pics...

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Excellent! A call may be in order. We could talk a bit first about what we're seeing. I'll pm you and we'll agree on a time. Sound good?
I've got my daughters wedding coming next weekend and I'll be on a cruise for a week after that just so you know. ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
321 - 326 of 326 Posts
About this Discussion
325 Replies
13 Participants
06YarisRS
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing