Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
That looks great. Did you notice any difference with it after it was installed? If so, what kind of difference?

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,319 Posts
I've been wondering about using this manifold for awhile and from my research, it has definitely seemed possible. Have you driven with the 2ZZ manifold installed? How is the difference in performance and sound and was it just a bolt on install? How much did you get the manifold for?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great. Did you notice any difference with it after it was installed? If so, what kind of difference?

thanks bro. still missing, this type of work had done in my turbo 1zz and the profit was surprising in this NA. we hope to see good numbers in the dyno

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been wondering about using this manifold for awhile and from my research, it has definitely seemed possible. Have you driven with the 2ZZ manifold installed? How is the difference in performance and sound and was it just a bolt on install? How much did you get the manifold for?

nothing is difficult, only admission plate was made to adapt as I commented to SuperchargedMR2 I had it in my turbo 1zz and the profit was surprising in this case is NA we hope to see good numbers in the dyno since it is intake manifold well built to have good gains in it

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,319 Posts
nothing is difficult, only admission plate was made to adapt as I commented to SuperchargedMR2 I had it in my turbo 1zz and the profit was surprising in this case is NA we hope to see good numbers in the dyno since it is intake manifold well built to have good gains in it
I see, so you did have to make an adapter plate since the bolt holes are different. That's not bad and when you dyno it, please do post the results on here. Also, which throttle body are you using that is 60mm? I've seen some 2ZZ guys use the Tundra 5.7L throttle body which is ~87mm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see, so you did have to make an adapter plate since the bolt holes are different. That's not bad and when you dyno it, please do post the results on here. Also, which throttle body are you using that is 60mm? I've seen some 2ZZ guys use the Tundra 5.7L throttle body which is ~87mm.
if I used a 60mm already tried and perfect idle ... an 87mm would be too big and have problems with the idle as soon as all ready upload photos and video.

·
Corolla Fan
2013 Corolla L
430 Posts
if I used a 60mm already tried and perfect idle ... an 87mm would be too big and have problems with the idle as soon as all ready upload photos and video.
this has got me thinking... would a 2zz intake and 87mm throttle body be good for a corolla that has the turbokit installed? more air means i can go with more fuel and maybe bigger injectors than the turbokit's "original upgraded" 440cc ones, maybe I can go for 500cc or 550cc injectors? HMMM I may just add this to my list of mods... Of course now im thinking I may need a fuel pump upgrade... hmmm...it's all in the search for morepower out of the 2ZR-FE! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this has got me thinking... would a 2zz intake and 87mm throttle body be good for a corolla that has the turbokit installed? more air means i can go with more fuel and maybe bigger injectors than the turbokit's "original upgraded" 440cc ones, maybe I can go for 500cc or 550cc injectors? HMMM I may just add this to my list of mods... Of course now im thinking I may need a fuel pump upgrade... hmmm...it's all in the search for morepower out of the 2ZR-FE! :D

a throttle of 87 mm would be good for a supercharger where you need more cfm for air intake in a turbo would be very large a 65mm in a turbo car produces up to 700whp ... I personally do not go more than 65mm because I have idle control, but everyone likes something different.
I have seen many turbo cars with 70mm and 75mm throttle with idle problems and changing to 65mm solved the problem...Regarding the injectors and the fuel pump upgrade it is good to go with a 550cc injectors and a 255 high press pump. and a good tunnig should be about 300whp

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
If you go bigger then the 440cc injectors I would say upgrade your fuel pump. An 87mm TB sounds way to big for a 1.8L, even turbocharged. What size is the stock TB size on the 2ZR-FE?

·
Corolla Fan
2013 Corolla L
430 Posts
If you go bigger then the 440cc injectors I would say upgrade your fuel pump. An 87mm TB sounds way to big for a 1.8L, even turbocharged. What size is the stock TB size on the 2ZR-FE?
if people switching to a 65mm TB fixed idle issues... then im guessing it's 65mm? so yeah i'll keep it stock, but if i DO go for bigger power and bigger injectors, I'll for sure have to research what fuel pump I'll need to upgrade to... hmm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

55mm

·
Corolla Fan
2013 Corolla L
430 Posts
a throttle of 87 mm would be good for a supercharger where you need more cfm for air intake in a turbo would be very large a 65mm in a turbo car produces up to 700whp ... I personally do not go more than 65mm because I have idle control, but everyone likes something different.
I have seen many turbo cars with 70mm and 75mm throttle with idle problems and changing to 65mm solved the problem...Regarding the injectors and the fuel pump upgrade it is good to go with a 550cc injectors and a 255 high press pump. and a good tunnig should be about 300whp
where would i get a 65mm throttle body for my corolla anyway?... and you say you have "idle control"? what do you mean by that, can you control your idle?

and what exactly did you reflash after installing a new throttle body? your ECU?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where would i get a 65mm throttle body for my corolla anyway?... and you say you have "idle control"? what do you mean by that, can you control your idle?

and what exactly did you reflash after installing a new throttle body? your ECU?

I do not know where to get a 65mm DBW for this corolla model you would have to carry it and the best I can do is about 63

I'm using is 60mm and works perfect

·
Corolla Fan
2013 Corolla L
430 Posts
I do not know where to get a 65mm DBW for this corolla model you would have to carry it and the best I can do is about 63

wow it looks and sounds amazing! did you have to change any of the wiring to get it to work? where can i find a 60mm DBW throttle body for my corolla?

By the way, did you notice any increase at all in performance with the 60mm and the 2ZZ manifold? is it worth the investment?

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,319 Posts

The new intake manifold sounds good and seems to perform really well! I may have to look into this as I have a junkyard near me that has a 2003 Matrix XRS with it's 2ZZ manifold still on the car. So did you get a shop to custom make an adapter plate or did you buy an adapter plate from somewhere? The manifold bolt design on the 2ZR is the same as the 1ZZ and there used to be a guy that sold adapter's for the 2ZZ manifold onto the 1ZZ. So we should be able to use that adapter as well but, I don't know if he still sells them. Also, which car did you get the 60mm drive by wire throttle body from?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow it looks and sounds amazing! did you have to change any of the wiring to get it to work? where can i find a 60mm DBW throttle body for my corolla?

By the way, did you notice any increase at all in performance with the 60mm and the 2ZZ manifold? is it worth the investment?

thanks friend, tomorrow will try and finish late in making its installation, remember to be made to the ECU reflash.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The new intake manifold sounds good and seems to perform really well! I may have to look into this as I have a junkyard near me that has a 2003 Matrix XRS with it's 2ZZ manifold still on the car. So did you get a shop to custom make an adapter plate or did you buy an adapter plate from somewhere? The manifold bolt design on the 2ZR is the same as the 1ZZ and there used to be a guy that sold adapter's for the 2ZZ manifold onto the 1ZZ. So we should be able to use that adapter as well but, I don't know if he still sells them. Also, which car did you get the 60mm drive by wire throttle body from?

You have to make the collector plate as shown in the pic.
the tb is from scion tc

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,319 Posts
You have to make the collector plate as shown in the pic.
the tb is from scion tc
I had a feeling the throttle body was from a 2AZ. I'll have to look around for a fabricator to make an adapter for me if I take on this. One of my plans for my Corolla is to eventually convert to drive-by-cable (cable throttle) so this could be a good thing to do in the meantime. Also, what are you using to reflash your ECU?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts