Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had a feeling the throttle body was from a 2AZ. I'll have to look around for a fabricator to make an adapter for me if I take on this. One of my plans for my Corolla is to eventually convert to drive-by-cable (cable throttle) so this could be a good thing to do in the meantime. Also, what are you using to reflash your ECU?
is the same as scion, the reflash makes it a tuner here in Puerto Rico

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
You have to make the collector plate as shown in the pic.
the tb is from scion tc
Looks and sounds good. What is installed between the air filter and head that has the blue/red fittings connected to it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
where would i get a 65mm throttle body for my corolla anyway?... and you say you have "idle control"? what do you mean by that, can you control your idle?

and what exactly did you reflash after installing a new throttle body? your ECU?
Cuban Legend the TB that you are looking for 65mm is brought by the Celica GTS 2003-2005 and its part number is 22030-22030 it is very difficult to find and if one appears its cost is very high :thumbsup:

·
Corolla Fan
2013 Corolla L
430 Posts
That blue tank is an oil catch can, collects the oil that comes out through the pcv and does not let it enter the intake manifold to keep it clean of oil
but don't you want the oil to re-enter the intake side so as to allow the oil to clean the back of the intake valves?

·
Registered
15 Posts
but don't you want the oil to re-enter the intake side so as to allow the oil to clean the back of the intake valves?
No, I just want clean and dry air to come in so that there is a better mix of air and gasoline, if you take the intake of your car you will see that there is dirty in the entrance of the cylinder head, and the injectors will see it dirty , that is due to the oil that enters and when mixed with the gasoline creates a crust, in addition the seat of the valve must be clean so that it seals better not allan escapes, another thing is that you lubricate the valve above the bone cover valves not inside the cylinder head chamber there is only admission (cold air) and exhaust (hot air) and that air must be dry all the time, and thus avoid crust in the seat of the valve and over I hope I answered your question. Thank you

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
That blue tank is an oil catch can, collects the oil that comes out through the pcv and does not let it enter the intake manifold to keep it clean of oil
No, I just want clean and dry air to come in so that there is a better mix of air and gasoline, if you take the intake of your car you will see that there is dirty in the entrance of the cylinder head, and the injectors will see it dirty , that is due to the oil that enters and when mixed with the gasoline creates a crust, in addition the seat of the valve must be clean so that it seals better not allan escapes, another thing is that you lubricate the valve above the bone cover valves not inside the cylinder head chamber there is only admission (cold air) and exhaust (hot air) and that air must be dry all the time, and thus avoid crust in the seat of the valve and over I hope I answered your question. Thank you
I use a oil catch can too on my Corolla. The best way to install one on the Corolla is to put the OCC in line from the PVC valve that is located lower on the front side of the engine. There was a huge thread on this design in the Prius forums and the PVC system is the same on the Corolla as it is my 10 Prius.

Here is the thread for anyone interested in reading through it.

https://priuschat.com/threads/oil-catch-can-eliminate-that-knock.179588/

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use a oil catch can too on my Corolla. The best way to install one on the Corolla is to put the OCC in line from the PVC valve that is located lower on the front side of the engine. There was a huge thread on this design in the Prius forums and the PVC system is the same on the Corolla as it is my 10 Prius.

Here is the thread for anyone interested in reading through it.

https://priuschat.com/threads/oil-catch-can-eliminate-that-knock.179588/
SuperchargedMR2 This is the way that I have it installed and it works

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is the correct way so you are good. It looks like you did a much better job though than the hack job this guy did. Black fuel injection hose would look much better and I wouldn't use plastic line like he did. You used AN fittings that look great. What size did you use? AN6?
greetings Supercharged MR2 the hose that I use is 8an, I have not finished yet because the 2 that come out above the intake manifold, in those I will use 6an so that the work will be seen with a better finished

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reactions: furi1

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Pardon the dumb question but what does the short black hose go that was running from the top of the valve cover? It was never connected to anything the entire video, even after he cranked the car.

the person who made the video has it disconnected because the intake it has is custom can leave it free or connect it to the intake tube or put a small filter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pardon the dumb question but what does the short black hose go that was running from the top of the valve cover? It was never connected to anything the entire video, even after he cranked the car.
David McClelland I saw the hose that you say and it is a mistake of the person because he made an air intake home made, which does not have the hole where that sleeve goes, if you buy an air intake that is already done for your car it brings a shot where you connect that hose, now what he could have done so that it would not look bad was to do as ranger1zz says put a small filter that comes for when you remove that hose then you put the filter and it looks nice. But if you see the photos that ranger1zz put of the work they are doing you can see that since the air intake is for the car, it has the outlet where you connect the hose and it is factory connected to the intake tube. I hope you clarified the doubt there

·
Corolla Fan
2013 Corolla L
430 Posts
now im curious, what does that hose do? If it's not the PCV valve then what is it? it seems to be like an upper PCV valve?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts