Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,319 Posts
That hose eliminates the gases in the cylinder head and returns them to the engine to burn them
I wonder if putting a filter on it instead of leading it to the intake makes a difference in power? I'd guess it's a small enough effect that you wouldn't be able to notice it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
I wonder if putting a filter on it instead of leading it to the intake makes a difference in power? I'd guess it's a small enough effect that you wouldn't be able to notice it.
The difference is the intake of air that passes through the intake is cooler because the gasses of the engine are hot and you would be eliminated the heat, somehow you should have some gain when entering cold air.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Pardon the dumb question but what does the short black hose go that was running from the top of the valve cover? It was never connected to anything the entire video, even after he cranked the car.
Normally that hose is connected to the intake. When I turbocharged my Corolla my intake didn't have a place to attach it. I was told to attach a filter to it or the best choice was to run it through a oil catch can. So my solution is to use an OCC with 2 intake ports and one outlet. Any gases will pass through the OCC and into the intake like a separate port achieves. This also helps with a more steady vacuum from the engine. I have a Mishimoto 3 port OCC.

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,319 Posts
just cut the plate and make just like the pics
I've got a quick question. I'm starting to gather the parts needed to do this including a 2ZZ manifold, 2AZ TB, and an adapter plate and was just wondering if a tune is required to use the 60mm 2AZ TB on the stock computer. Will the bigger throttle body just plug and play or will it idle bad?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts