1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toy lovers,

I would like to lift the front 2.5"-3" to level the truck without investing too
much and without affecting ride or mechanicals. What are my best options?

Thanks,
Doug

·
Registered
03 tundra accesscab
38 Posts
http://www.toyteclifts.com/tundracart.html#tundraliftkits

i have the 3" "basic pro" on my 03.

if you don't have billstein shocks on your truck, i would go for the 3" adjustable coil overs, and get the add a leaf and front diff drop kit separately.

otherwise, you would need a good coil spring compressor to fit the front level kit on your struts.
you would be offsetting your camber a little bit. so, you would be needing a front alignment after you're done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2.5" lift for very little $$$

Go to fatbobsgarage.com or userid hammerhead4x4 on EBAY. They are a group out of Utah. They have everything you need for little $$$. High quality materials. I installed a 2.5" lift on my DC Tundra and it's awesome. It included front spacers for on top of the struts and an add-a-leaf for the rear. It even included a 1" differential drop for the front. All for < $150. If all you want is a front leveling kit, I believe they are < $60. Whatever you decide make sure you have an alignment done soon after the installation of the kit. My kit allowed me to install 285/70/R17 which is essentially a 33" tire on my truck. All-in-all I now have @ 5" of more height on my truck. The handling didn't change at all, same smooth ride it had before and mods. Good luck.

·
Old Fart
2002 Corolla LE
910 Posts
Would I need to change the springs too?
Great quote by the way!
No. Everything else about the front coilover stays stock. The shocks have 3 settings: Low, which is stock heighth, medium, which is level, and high which lifts it about 2.5 inches.

On my 2001 AC, I have mine set on high, and I added 1-inch blocks in the rear. The net result is level + 1 inch.

And just to let you know, once the shocks are installed they are not adustable so make up your mind ahead of time how high you want it.

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Cyberbilly!
Thanks for all the info! I just have one more question. First of all, I will be going for 2.5 inches cause that's what I measure the difference from front to rear to be, give or take. My question is about what I read on the Bilstein site that says something about the 5100s being strictly off-road. I get off-road now and then but I am not into pounding the crap out of the truck cause I can't really afford fixing it due to abuse. I just hate trucks that aren't level and I could use the ground clearance at camp and in some of the other hunting spots I get into. I drive to work every day in this truck so I was just a little concerned. What's your take on all of that? Thanks again for all the info...

biknski

·
Old Fart
2002 Corolla LE
910 Posts
Hey Cyberbilly!
Thanks for all the info! I just have one more question. First of all, I will be going for 2.5 inches cause that's what I measure the difference from front to rear to be, give or take. My question is about what I read on the Bilstein site that says something about the 5100s being strictly off-road. I get off-road now and then but I am not into pounding the crap out of the truck cause I can't really afford fixing it due to abuse. I just hate trucks that aren't level and I could use the ground clearance at camp and in some of the other hunting spots I get into. I drive to work every day in this truck so I was just a little concerned. What's your take on all of that? Thanks again for all the info...

biknski
I'm a little confused because I've never seen anything about the 5100 Adjustable Shocks being strictly for off road. My ride is basically a street machine that takes an occasional trip down the Bunny Trail or onto the beach. I've had them for about one year now and have not had a lick of trouble.

Now, don't confuse the 5100 Adjustable shocks with the 5100 coilovers. They are two different things. Maybe that's what they are talking about.

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Cyberbilly!
I finally got around to ordering the 5100s. Got em for the rear too from ShockWarehouse.com. Total bill $350.90 to the door. Y
You were right on the off road question I had . Was referring to coil-overs. Can't wait to get em and put em on. Thanks for the info!

Have a good one!

biknski

·
Old Fart
2002 Corolla LE
910 Posts
Hey Cyberbilly!
I finally got around to ordering the 5100s. Got em for the rear too from ShockWarehouse.com. Total bill $350.90 to the door. Y
You were right on the off road question I had . Was referring to coil-overs. Can't wait to get em and put em on. Thanks for the info!

Have a good one!

biknski
$350.90 for all 4? Not bad.

I paid $200 for Just the fronts.

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got all 4 shocks for that. The rear shocks allow 0-1'' of lift which would get me level plus 1. I didn't see them anywhere under 85-90 each. By the way, I was checking out your truck pics. Very cool. From the lift to the grill and the wheels, it looks good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts