Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reasonably priced 3 ton jack for lifting my taco and my parents pilot if/when needed.

JC Whitney has THIS for a decent price. I can get free shipping, then a set of 6 ton jack stands(steel construction) for $30(or $20 for 4 ton, but they max at 16in).

that seem decent, I read one guy had the craftsman from Sears and it started leaking after about a year...

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
That one is ok. Get one that can handle 7000 lbs. + just to be on the safe side. Get the Craftsman because of the warranty's they have. We have two, one is a 3 1/2 ton an the other is a 1 1/2 ton for motorcycles and watercraft.

·
Hey Bitches
113 Posts

·
SIGtastic!!!
07 Tacoma Quad cab
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THIS ONE goes on sale for $100 every so often.

There is a harbor freight near me, 100 lbs though! wow!!

For something I am gunna use maybe 2-3 times a year, I dunno that I need something that heavy duty...

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
THIS ONE goes on sale for $100 every so often.

There is a harbor freight near me, 100 lbs though! wow!!

For something I am gunna use maybe 2-3 times a year, I dunno that I need something that heavy duty...
Habor Freight has good deals but it is cheap and it breaks a lot. Spend the money and get that kit that you found and it should last you a life time.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Craftsman is not what it used to be, but I would still trust that over Harbor Freight. I was using a HF for the last few years (wasn't mine). The handle was a real pain to let down smooth and though it never leaked fluid it would not hold firm height for 'extended' periods (like, 30 minutes). I've done some looking at the jacks at Checker and they appear to be clones of the Craftsman jacks. I'm not liking the OP's link because it's a skinny jack and that extension for extra height seems like a bad idea.

When I was really looking at them I generally found people said you couldn't get a real quality jack for less than four or five hundred. Personally, I'll probably go with a Craftsman or the Checker one when it gets closer to me needing one again and they go on sale. BTW, there's a couple of threads over on TTORA (in different forums) about floor jacks at the moment.

·
My Other Truck
4,312 Posts
I have one from HF that looks exactly like the one in Mr_Torque's link above. I've owned it for several years (at least 10) and have had no problems at all, though a friend bought the same jack and had a leaky seal. The heaviest thing I've lifted is my 1972 K20 and again, no problems. I use it a few times a year and can't justify big bucks for a top-of-the-line unit.

When it comes to jacks/jack stands, I'd rather have something heavier than I need than just barely adequate or too light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts