Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a problem with the factory alarm system, it seemed to work fine but now the alarm goes off but the starter kill will not turn off making me unable to start the car now. Jumping thec ar will not start it. I cannot find any fuses relating to the alarm and really am stuck. Maybe anyone know the trick in need to do or other location of fuses beside under the hood???

thnaks in advance!

Delltechfl

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
put the key in the ignition and cycle it between off and on two or three times and see if that doesnt do the trick. I am not sure this is waht the problem you are having is but I used to ahve to do it all the time on ones that were coming in for service when I was a Toyota tech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wish it were

I have tryed what you mentioned but am unsuccessful in getting the car to start i read on another place there are "key detection sensors" that act as a switch to enable or disable the starter-kill, from the look of the sensor in the door (removed the interior panel to get to) looks all messed up but i cannot really see how it supposed to be since i have no point of reference.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
sorry then I am not sure what to tell you. RepinS seems to be the local Cressida authority maybe he will have some ideas. I amsure if he has any clues for you he will respond. Just not on right now probably.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$149 later... but im back on the road

I tore into every kickplate and fuse i could with no solution so i had it towed to Toyota of Melbourne and $149 later I was back on the road... they had to hardwire a bypass from the engine to the starter (is how they explained it to me)... just posting so people that have this problem in the future...:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.