Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is big so i don't want to mess up my car. What should i really need to do at this present mileage? the dealer recommends too many miscellaneous services that run up the cost. I want to just perform the essential maintenance only to save my limited money.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The bare min. i would recommend would be an air filter if dirty, oil change, trans-flush if an auto and rotate and balance the tires if not done in the 7500 miles. Fluid changes are the most important maintance item!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
corolla 02

This is for a 02 corolla le. I need to change radiator fluid, transmission fluid, and what else? how about spark plugs? i still have the original stock parts since i purchased my car new.

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
2,490 Posts
^^ toyota manual says your really don't need to do anything....till 45,000 for replacing coolant.

anything other than that would be regular oil change and tire rotation.
first tire rotation at 16,000 and second one at 48000. does save your tires, for long time.

your tranny fluid should be changed around 50,000 too. but you can always check the tranny diup stick if its brown or not first.

your sepantine belt should be replaced at 70,000km since they crack really easily.... and your water pump might go at the same time, but warrenty covers that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts