Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2014 HL AWD LTE Blk/Blk
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone have experience with this?
I plan on using this on all vinyl/plastic/and leather seats. I wonder if I still need to apply the leather cleaner first, then leather conditioner, then this product. I don't have the product yet so I don't know what the instructions say, but from the description and reviews, it seems like I can use this in place of the conditioner.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I'm always leery about new product like this. Most of the time it's totally hog-wash. My wifes Lexus and Hondas (and other vehicles I owned over the years that had Leather seats) - I just use a simple leather cleaner , followed by a conditioner. A GOOD leather cleaner (but time consuming) is still saddle soap. It's been around for about 100 years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RockyT, we used 303 on our boats for several years. It was more to protect vinyl (cushions and cockpits) from harsh rays of the sun. Having used it for many years I'm not all that sure that it really worked but then I can't say it didn't work. It does leave a slight but noticeable film on dark surfaces that disappears when you reapply the 303. Armourall does the same thing on flat black matte surfaces so I quit using that on my old HL.

·
Registered
'92 MR2
88 Posts
I use 303 on plastic and vinyl as a dressing and to protect it. While it might work on leather, I much rather use a dedicated leather product for better protection. I have many many different products and almost none of them are "all-in-one" type products. I like to have a product that is made for a specific job and is good at that job. Especially like leather, which needs a specific kind of care.

The 303 will do great on your plastic and vinyl, but I recommend giving your leather what it actually needs, leather cleaner and conditioner/protectant. Here's some links to some good stuff for a good price.

Chemical Guys Extreme Leather Cleaner I use this stuff all the time, it's great. It ways "Extreme", but it's gentle yet effective.
Chemical Guys Leather Conditioner
Chemical Guys Leather Serum This is the protectant, and is good for newer/good condition leather.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
see below
251 Posts
The majority of today's cars actually have a coating applied over the leather. Easy way to tell is to put a drop of water on a inconspicuous spot. If it beads, there's a coating on it. If it soaks in, it's raw leather.
303 would be fine if there's a coating on the leather as a UV protectorant.

Do some research, today's leathers are coated, except for high high end stuff

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just ordered some Zymol Z-507 Leather Cleaner and Z-509 Leather Conditioner, $17.
Plan to clean and condition leather on my 2 cars and leather sofa.
Was going to order Lexol but was afraid it might darken my light color leather so went with Zymol.

On 303, I use that too but it's just top dressing for quick shine, it doesn't deeply clean and condition the leather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.