Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Toyota Pickup 4WD
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just bought myself a 94 4x4 shortbed. I need new tires for it and was wondering if I can fit 31's on without lift? It has 235/75/15's now.
Thanks in advance...
Tony

·
Registered
90 Toyota Pickup 4WD
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your quick response...
Tony :)

·
Registered
90 Toyota Pickup 4WD
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooooops, one more thing, On OEM rims?
Thanks again..
Tony

·
Registered
90 Toyota Pickup 4WD
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I have the 235/75/15 on OEM wheels. Will the 31's fit on the same wheels?

Thanks...Tony

·
Registered
91 4x4 pickup truck
14 Posts
Of course all u have to do is set them for Fifteens it realy doesnt matter the width. I just got some rock crawlers put on my truck with 31s. I hade the stock yota rims which were 6 or 7in wide and put them on some 10inchersX15 some it should.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put 31's on a truck that I owned years ago, it had the 22r engine, I lost so much power that I ended up taking them off, I did not want to spend the money to re-gear the diffs.

Robert

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am looking foward to getting some stock sized tires on mine. I bought my truck with 30 inchers. I am hoping the 28.8 inch tall stock tires will give me a little more oopmh

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have an automatic, it makes a difference, I guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
4 wheelin guy, I had the same truck, same year same engine, less than 30,000 miles on it, I put 31's on it and it would not get out of it's own way and my mileage went to crap. Maybe you got lucky and ended up with a miracle truck:whatwhat: cause I could not squeel the tires past first gear with stock tires. I don't think he will be happy with the performance of the truck if he goes that big.

Robert

·
Registered
245 Posts
My automatic has 4.56 gearing, and the tranny is geared so that I start slow and with great torque. I (supposedly) can pull a good load with no problem because of the setup. I am happy with my toyotas gearing even if I can't make ostentacios displays of testosterone. I used own a big GMC with a V8 and I drove it like a grandma 99% of the time, but even with an automatic it would squeal the tires at every gear shift if I punched it. Smoke would also pour out the back end if I did but that was very very rarely. I am not driving to beat people to the next traffic light, I bought my 4 banger automatic on purpose. pardon the thread hijack, adn for sounding like your dad.

·
Hardrock
19 Posts
4wheeling guy: There was no reason for them to do that i have a 91 i have 31s And the 22r and no upgrades and i can sqaul them through 3rd.
horse crap... unless your diffs were regeared at sometime and you didn't know it, there's no way you squaled the tires through 3rd with a stock set up. I'm raising the B/S flag on you.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i have a 94 2wd 5 sp with some moderate internal mods (polished and ported head with oversized valves ,exedy clutch) no cam or header yet and it will do just that. i can power brake the 5 speed all the way up to 5k rpm in 5th gear, talk about smoke. but if i am just taking off from a light it will squal 1st and 2nd and chirp 3rd because i have 3.73 posi rear diff. its not impossible.

·
Hardrock
19 Posts
Your 2wd also has smaller tires making it easier. I had a friend with an 85 2wd and his truck did pretty much what you're saying. So I don't doubt what you're saying is true. My comments were about 4wd's though. In my experiance, by putting the bigger tires on, you rob the engine of it's power and with no mods or gears I can't see how a stock set up can squal the tires through 3rd. My opinion though, and if it happened it did, but I personally don't think so.

·
The 2nd = Freedom
87 Toyota 4x4
154 Posts
who cares, if the 31's fit, as they do, get them.

·
Hardrock
19 Posts
and they do fit so if you want them, get them. I think the trucks look better with the bigger tires as well. Just realize you will loose some power and your speedo will be off apporx 7% from what it is now with the 235/75/15's. FYI, your truck probably came stock with 225/75/15's and the speedometer will be off about 9.5% from the stock configuration.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts