Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought that I'd post a couple of pics up here to *celebrate* my car's first ride on a flatbed.

Story found here: http://toyotanation.com/forum/t177733.html

It seems that age really is catching up to my car in terms of maintenance items, that's for sure.

Luckily my car is platinum/silver/baby blue, so it's not really that apparent when it's dirty...or else I would have posted these pics up on the dirty camry competition thread :p: now instead it's just a thread about being towed.

All I can say is that I was lucky I got a flatbed driver that was well experienced with lowered cars even though I was stuck out in the boonies. It took him a good 20min to get the car up, but he tooks his time and there isn't a scratch on the car.

All I can say about the entire experience is this: you can never have too many gauges in to monitor the condition of your car no matter how crazy it may look at times, and thank god for CAA.

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
that sucks man... hope it all works out!

btw, first time i've seen the rims up close in a pic, i like!

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
Not a good look for the Cam.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
thats the worst feeling in the world..having the car on a flat bed....i fell for ya...been there a few times myself...

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys...

and turns out that the problem is the waterpump....so that sucks ass.... :(

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
at least you got it solved and know what the deal is now king, still sorry to see that but glad the car is alright:thumbup:

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,288 Posts
Dam that sucks man, like everyone else said lucky u got a guy with experience. Hope the repair goes well.

·
Toyota 4 Life
Supra and Camry
983 Posts
does every camry have that light thing were the top corner light looks like its coming off?? like the undereath it has melted?? nice car

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TravisAe86 -> yeah, they basically all do that....you CAN modify it to fit better, but then the mounting tabs have to be modified....a bit of work....might get around to it sometime.

it's not that noticeable when you're not looking at the car from the bottom...:lol:

and DarkSideCelica -> the bumper's not a good idea, but I was too lazy to take it off this year and put my oem bumper back on...that, and I was hoping that it wouldn't snow at all. It's not too bad since my car's not that low, and when I got hit the slopes, I take my parent's cars or something.

and I wouldn't be caught dead running on anything less than 17s on a car the size of the camry ;) but to be fair, the pirelli 210s are amazing winter high performance tires :thumbup: I hope I never get a flat though, since they cost a damn fortune *knock on wood*

·
There is no substitute.
8,031 Posts
Your cat overheated in this type of weather? Awesome!

I've been trying to drive faster in this weather in hopes of warming things up... :lol:

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
youre telling me king... we have over 2 feet here after this weekends blizzard and Im hitting my lip everywhere- its making me really nervous:ugh3:

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it doesn't always snow THAT much in michigan, does it, damon? if it does, pick up a stock bumper and use that in the winter...saves the wear and tear on the lip....but in the end tho, it's polyurethane, so all you really have to worry about is the paint

and lol...at least the gen3.5 lip isn't designed like the gen3 lip...mine is a perfectly designed snow-shovel when the snow gets deep :hammer:

and dickson -> tell me about it...haha...my oil takes forever to heat up before I'm willing to boost. and my tranny....well....it just about never heats up....have you seen the size of my tranny cooler? :lol:

I blocked up most of it when it started to get cold though:

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
woah nice!

yeah on the west side we get all the lake effect snow... ive never seen it snow here like this though. but youre right, back on the east side we only have like 2 inches, its just the stupid lake effect at my college:disappoin

·
Registered
91 Camry V6 LE
361 Posts
that sucks hope u fix it and get on the road again:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts