Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TRD long box
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I ordered a bunch of stuff to keep me busy this spring, and I am just trying to figure out if it's going to work together on my 09 trd double cab long box.

XD Monsters black 18x9 4.5 backspace
Nito Trerra Grapplers 285/65/18
3"Toytech spring kit 884's spacer and 2"AAL.
Front mud flaps are allreday pooched.

....Really thinking about dropping in on those UCA's I drive alot of miles....

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2007 TRD long box
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap, I'ts likely allready shipped, if I change to the stiffer 885 springs do I need new shocks too? what causes them to sag quickly? Or are the 884's just to light duty?

·
the noblest
324 Posts
Crap, I'ts likely allready shipped, if I change to the stiffer 885 springs do I need new shocks too? what causes them to sag quickly? Or are the 884's just to light duty?
Yep just too light duty for our doublecabs, and i dont think you need new shocks. I know i'll be getting 886s when i get my lift done!

·
Registered
984 Posts
The 884s will level your truck, but if you are going to be lifting the rear, it will definately sit higher than the front with 884s. I would get them though if you don't plan on running bigger than a 275/70/17 tire.

·
Hooray Beer
'08 DB LB 4x4
193 Posts
Yep just too light duty for our doublecabs, and i dont think you need new shocks. I know i'll be getting 886s when i get my lift done!
It will ride like poop if you use the stock shocks with the 885s. If you're going to go that route just get the adjustable bilsteins and use the stock coil.

·
Registered
2007 TRD long box
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:confused:

at this point it seems like I might be better off to just drop the money on the ultimate kit from Toytec ....any thoughts on that kit?

·
Registered
2007 TRD long box
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it looks like the Toytec crew is really good at shipping, my 884 kit allready left, same day as ordering!! I`m going to install it and if it sags to much over the summer I will switch it to the 885`s and a new set of shocks all arround.
Unless anyone in Canada wants to buy the 884`s or kit off me.... either way still stoked to get in there and lift this thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts