Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just wanted to show you my 3rd brakelight mod. I ordered the overlay off ebay for about 9 bux shipped. I ordered it in black and it says "Tacoma" obviously!
It was very easy to install. I think it is a great add-on to my truck since it's completely debaged. Now people can see what truck it is when I press the brakes! :lol:

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Use electrical tape, or liquid electrical tape on the inside of the lens to block out that light that is shining around the perimeter and the screws.

Here's mine. Beat ya to it, about 4 months ago. :whatwhat:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
wow!!! that looks great. What a nice cheap easy mod. Yeah, I agree with you about the degadging thing, now people can see what type of truck it is when you hit the brakes. haha. I like this one. good job.:clap: :thumbup:

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
not my cup of tea....

so if you want people to know its a tacoma, why take of the badges

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
81shark said:
not my cup of tea....

so if you want people to know its a tacoma, why take of the badges
Well, the reason we take off our badges is to make the PAINT look cleaner with that clean look. The brakelight mod has nothing to do with the paint.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigBlue is correct. I also think that the car was like a billboard. It had Tacoma, Toyota and TRD all over.

Now all I got is the front emblem on the grille, my custom "TRDSP1" plates and the brakelight overlay.

It looks cleaner and more subtle than ever before. :thumbup::clap:

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I'm still trying to think of a cool custom license plate. My wife hates custom plates, but I like 'em.

Maybe: LV 2 MOD ?

:dunno:

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
AlpineJLAudio said:
"MY 05 TOY"

By the way Pb. Is it snowing like a mother over in Ohio right now or no?
It was. It's dying down now. According to the news, lots of accidents on the interstates. The snow-plows in my town haven't done much. It differs from city to city and county to county.

:wtf:

They might as well not even try. I love it when the city fails me, when it comes time to use all that tax money I give them.

:rolleyes:

:disappoin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts