Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the pipe on my 92 hangs pretty low where it has to duck under the rear lower suspension.. In fact I think that it is actually the lowest point on the undercarriage of the car. Has anyone found an alternative way of rerouting the pipe (obviously I'm talking custom exhaust here) that will still allow adequate suspension travel and tuck the pipe up closer to the floor?

I'm positive if I lower this car more than a couple inches I'm going to have a huge dent very quickly- If I don't tear my catback off first... which kinda sucks because even with a 3" drop if that pipe wasn't there the Cam would probably still have 6 " of ground clearance..

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
well, the worst part of our exhaust is the side port muffler, ARRGH!!! so id have to get a shorter muffler so i dont have a harsh S bend right into the muffler. oh well... oh and i agree that it does hang pretty low. im prolly gonna get my resonator off if i get a new muffler. oh and do you know if we (V6) have 2" all the way back, or just to the cat?

·
Registered
42 Posts
there realy isnt a way for you to rout that any difrently... i asked the mufler shop when i got my catback done and they said if u went over the suspension that it would hit when it flexed... so there realy isnt any way u can tuck it in any better ...just poor planing on toyotas part

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.