Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took apart my centre console to tighten the handbrake today and saw that there was an unplugged connector inside the console. The centre console has two blank spots that look like buttons or switches could be there, and I noticed that there's a wire look hanging out from under my driver seat.

Did the 3rd gen camry come with heated seats? And if it did, was everything installed and just left disconnected??

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if it wasn't an option, then what is the wire loom under the driver seat for, and what is the unused connector under the centre console by the handbrake used for?

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I think that wire detects the weight of the passenger and difflates the Airbags accordingly or something like that.

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gridlyne said:
I think that wire detects the weight of the passenger and difflates the Airbags accordingly or something like that.
Really?? I didn't know that 2nd generation air bags were already available back then.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The wire loom under the drivers seat is for the seatbelt sensor. Its connected to the bottom of the seat. The harness in the center console is for the factory toyota alarm switch. It goes in the spot closest to the driver on the center console.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
The EPC shows heated seats as an option for Euro and Canada models, but not US. Gen 3's have first gen airbags, they go off full blast or not at all.

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AMScamrySE said:
The wire loom under the drivers seat is for the seatbelt sensor. Its connected to the bottom of the seat. The harness in the center console is for the factory toyota alarm switch. It goes in the spot closest to the driver on the center console.
OH YEA! Seat belt sensor...haha... that should've been obvious!!! hahaha...

And alarm..I wouldn't have guessed that's what the harness was for.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.