Toyota Nation Forum banner

281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
7,783 Posts
LOL Buffo, what?!
Ya, that was surely avoiding the meat of the matter, perhaps. ;-)

I can understand her position and can even support what sense I got of it.
But she should surely have not gone and changed something at the cost of the sites management.

Anyway, sucks to have that happen.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kinda was cool to have a Rockett in the group!
Definitely nice to have active members that were of the "helpful" variety :wink:

However, as BUFFO mentioned, rocket didn't like that there was a "would you tap that" thread on the forum and indicaated that he/she no longer wants to be on a forum with a thread like that....too bad indeed...

·
7,783 Posts
Well it at least it brought Sweeney back on the forum.
I haven't seen you on here for some time....
Good to see you back!
:spiderman-troupe::laurelhardy::mob::worship:

(now that I think of it, and using the graphics, first clue this sight can be G to R, to X rated would be the Emoticons :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi guys, I'm new to this forum, and i have whole bunch of questions that i didn't wanna make whole bunch of new threads, so i was hoping someone who can help me out a little here, anyway, heres my question, i was reading my owners manual earlier and i was reading that part about how push start button work, after you depress the brake pedal and push the start button, then you will hear the engine cranking up, and i quote directly from the manual " Continue depressing the brake pedal until the engine is completely started" .....i usually just step on the brake, push the button, the moment i hear the engine cranking up, i let go of the brake already, and the car started just fine, do you guys continue to depress the brake until engine completely started? and also, about shutting off the car, according to the manual, after you park your car, set the parking brake, shift the lever to P, push the engine button, and then release the brake pedal......wth.....are you suppose to keep your foot on the brake until you completely shut off the car? i usually park my car, and collect my personal belongings, with my foot already off the brake, then when I'm ready to get out, i just push the stop button, and get out. but according to the manual, I'm doing it all wrong, i feel like crap now? share your way of starting and stopping a push button engine please

·
7,783 Posts
hi guys, I'm new to this forum, and i have whole bunch of questions that i didn't wanna make whole bunch of new threads, so i was hoping someone who can help me out a little here, anyway, heres my question, i was reading my owners manual earlier and i was reading that part about how push start button work, after you depress the brake pedal and push the start button, then you will hear the engine cranking up, and i quote directly from the manual " Continue depressing the brake pedal until the engine is completely started" .....i usually just step on the brake, push the button, the moment i hear the engine cranking up, i let go of the brake already, and the car started just fine, do you guys continue to depress the brake until engine completely started? and also, about shutting off the car, according to the manual, after you park your car, set the parking brake, shift the lever to P, push the engine button, and then release the brake pedal......wth.....are you suppose to keep your foot on the brake until you completely shut off the car? i usually park my car, and collect my personal belongings, with my foot already off the brake, then when I'm ready to get out, i just push the stop button, and get out. but according to the manual, I'm doing it all wrong, i feel like crap now? share your way of starting and stopping a push button engine please

I think this part of the manual applies ONLY to insurance underwriters, attorneys, and those folks who wear driving shoes and gloves. You know who you are!
;-)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome! I read that part of the manual too and also thought WTH!?... must have been written by some summer intern.

I do the same sequence as you although I usually set the parking brake at the end.

·
Registered
28 Posts
can those factory paint protection film be replaced? if so, when or at what condition would be the right time to replace the paint protective film? mines got some ugly rock chips on them, and i dont like them, but i also dont wanna replace them this early, that would be waste of money obviously , and is cheaper to replace the film or is it cheaper to just get the bumper repainted?

·
7,783 Posts
can those factory paint protection film be replaced? if so, when or at what condition would be the right time to replace the paint protective film? mines got some ugly rock chips on them, and i dont like them, but i also dont wanna replace them this early, that would be waste of money obviously , and is cheaper to replace the film or is it cheaper to just get the bumper repainted?
The film is doing its job, I would replace the film. But, if you can't tell if a paintjob was done over the factory vs a factory paintjob, I think you can get it done for $300-500+. Depending on the shop, for $600 it should be like new. You can order the paint in a can yourself, and with good prepwork, you can actually get amazingly good results for something like a chip. I will be doing a couple spots myself very soon.

·
7,783 Posts
I just ordered from AutomotiveTouchup.com. Cost $30 for 2oz of clear coat and 2oz of the matching paint. $8+ for shipping. A couple other places, they range from $24 to 30, but they give 1/2oz paint, or a paint pen. There is also the ColorChipDr, which may not be what I need, so...We shall see. I've used this type of prod before, as well as the spray cans. Its been a while, so I have to remember to prep, sand 1500-200, and clean/IPA, and then apply paint in tiny dabs, then wait, maybe reapply, wait, then clear coat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
what's the difference between SE sport tuned suspension and limited version? Which is better for regular daily driver? I kinda regret getting limited over SE....

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

·
7,783 Posts
Oh Wow, I got lit up!

Someone decided to blow stuff up and blast me with green all over...And July 4th isn't until tomorrow!

Well folks, as you might have notice, I am standing in as Moderator.
Be kind and be honest to one another, and no one will get hurt.
;-)

·
7,783 Posts
Patrick! LOL You paved a nice way for me, so it should be ...mostly smooth, but, Just be active more often and all will be calm :)

·
7,783 Posts
Welcome! I read that part of the manual too and also thought WTH!?... must have been written by some summer intern.

I do the same sequence as you although I usually set the parking brake at the end.
Try and change that habit of the park brake at end...I have been doing it more and more now so it becomes regular...Why let your trans carry the weight of the car? I don't know for sure, but eventually that strain will loosen something up and possible issue down the road.
***One MAJOR lesson I learned was in my Ford Xploder....I parked on a up hill, and I had my child in the back, still while my wife and other child were out, I put it in Park, and then the foot brake, and then the trans was not fully in park, and it came out of gear and the car rolled back with me trying to stop it and my child in the back. By the powers of the all might it missed all the parked cars and just steered into a yard avoiding the intersection of a very busy main street. My life flashed before my eyes.

So I have since always make sure your parking brake is working properly by engaging it first, then the transmission in park. And don't overlook the maintenance and inspection on it.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Photo Bucket charge

PB says...$400. yearly charge for 3rd party image hosting. Assume that means even for "1" pic. on TN ? Over the yrs have seen same happen on other free to use, then finally charge to use. Its just business. Been great free svc. while it lasted & thank PB for that. But, not worth it to me.

·
Custom User Title
511 Posts
Someone decided to blow stuff up and blast me with green all over...And July 4th isn't until tomorrow!

Well folks, as you might have notice, I am standing in as Moderator.
Be kind and be honest to one another, and no one will get hurt.
;-)
you shine so bright Phil. Congrats! you deserve it bud.

first thing first! don't ban me please. :grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone here done a Nav lockout bypass mod? Not sure if it'll be necessary but I'm used to BMW where you can alter destinations, change whatever, while driving along. I'm just worried about removing parts of the dash/console area and it not fitting back 100% and perhaps rattling even ever so slightly after the mod.

Are you able to use voice commands to change addresses or search POIs while moving and not worry about the bypass mod?

·
Custom User Title
511 Posts
Anyone here done a Nav lockout bypass mod? Not sure if it'll be necessary but I'm used to BMW where you can alter destinations, change whatever, while driving along. I'm just worried about removing parts of the dash/console area and it not fitting back 100% and perhaps rattling even ever so slightly after the mod.

Are you able to use voice commands to change addresses or search POIs while moving and not worry about the bypass mod?
Hi Sub,

here's the link in regards to nav bypass discussion.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014/1194274-diy-install-guide-hdmi-audio-video-input-navigation-bypass-video.html

281 - 300 of 336 Posts