Toyota Nation Forum banner

301 - 320 of 336 Posts

·
7,783 Posts
Anyone have a good recommendation to starting archery?
Its something I want to take up and perhaps work with my youths on so they too can learn.
Looking for a compound bow that I can grow with and not something that would cost a lot either. Entry in the learning and use level, but certainly able to stick around after some skill build.
I was hoping something in the $100-200 range would be doable, but I have no idea.

Also, maybe some sites or Youtube vids that can help get me started and learn about different arrow materials and such.

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone have a good recommendation to starting archery.
Its something I want to take up and perhaps work with my youths on so they too can learn.
Looking for a compound bow that I can grow with and not something that would cost a lot either. Entry in the learning and use level, but certainly able to stick around after some skill build.
I was hoping something in the $100-200 range would be doable, but I have no idea.

Also, maybe some sites or Youtube vids that can help get me started and learn about different arrow materials and such.

Thanks!
I know that at a local spot in my city, they offer starter packages to get you into the sport (i.e. you get an entry level bow + 5 uses of the range for like $50 more than 5 uses of the range itself). I know that doesn't really answer your question, but maybe start with checking out local spots? I always found that when i started something new, like snowboarding, it was great hanging around people/shops that dealt with that stuff every day!

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
Anyone have a good recommendation to starting archery.

Thanks!

Might post up the question in OT. We have that member with bow hunter in his username (his name is Jim...Jimbowhunter or something like that). My daughter has an adjustable compound bow. You should go into a shop and figure out your draw strength. That’s about it for my advice. Haha.

·
Custom User Title
511 Posts
So, my 2015 XLE warranty will expire this April so I decided to use the most of it while I still can. few months ago, I requested them to change my front passenger door panel due to the leather wrinkle and they gladly obliged with no questions ask. few weeks ago, driver side is showing signs for wrinkle door handle as well so I decided to take it in for a replacement. in addition to that, the driver side door is making a "squeak" sound from the hinge assembly and also asked for it to be replaced. I encourage everyone to do the same and take advance of the warranty while it last. I'm just glad that all of these problems are just minimal and nothing major. so far I'm happy with Toyota how the warranty works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 XLE with the premium (non-JBL) audio system.
Does it have an external factory amplifier or are the speakers powered by an internal amp within the head unit?
Thanks.

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
I decided to get a dashcam for the HL and decided to go with the iTrue X6D. Also comes with rear camera.
https://www.amazon.com/X6D-Stealth-Full-HD-170°Wide-G-Sensor/dp/B01L4911PS

I will make a DIY thread once I find the time to install it later this week.

I have a different dashcam installed in my Camry and it has saved me headaches several times. I even recorded an accident on the freeway.

·
7,783 Posts
I have a 2018 XLE with the premium (non-JBL) audio system.
Does it have an external factory amplifier or are the speakers powered by an internal amp within the head unit?
Thanks.
I think that model has the HU internal amp. But perhaps post in the non-general chat area, as you will get more people on it. I think 4Lander has your model, and based on his info it is just in the head unit.
Lots of info on the systems in the threads. Use Advanced Search, and just ask. Alsways good to bring up an old thread vs making a new redundant one.

Cheers.

·
7,783 Posts
Sounds good @xpeed looking forward to it. I have a cam in mine and really like it, yet the USB connection to the camera deformed and now does not work, due to heat. So I have to rewire it.

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
Finally got around replacing all the interior bulbs to LED along with the plate lights. Also installed the dashcam but couldn't install the rear camera. I'll probably take some time later this weekend to do that and hardwire it to the fuse box so that the motion sensor when the car is parked will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Finally got around replacing all the interior bulbs to LED along with the plate lights. Also installed the dashcam but couldn't install the rear camera. I'll probably take some time later this weekend to do that and hardwire it to the fuse box so that the motion sensor when the car is parked will work.
Where did you get the lights from? Replacing all the interior lights is high priority to me.

In other news I picked up the factory Toyota running boards. Install was stupid easy. Took me about 30 min to install them by myself. They really aren't needed to get in but I think they look nice. They also will make cleaning the roof easier.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Where did you get the lights from? Replacing all the interior lights is high priority to me.

In other news I picked up the factory Toyota running boards. Install was stupid easy. Took me about 30 min to install them by myself. They really aren't needed to get in but I think they look nice. They also will make cleaning the roof easier.

The running boards look good! Can you share the part number, and does the installation require some drilling?

Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
Part number is PT93848140. Installation was easy. No drilling required. The boards use factory holes. My local dealer charged 330 dollars for them. Prices seem to vary a lot online for the factory boards.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
They look good but not really needed...already on the car when we bought it. They get in my way getting out of the vehicle.
I may install running boards on my future highlander just to help protect the sides of the vehicle in the winter. They really help keep the road debris from flying up and hitting the lower areas behind the front tires.. I usually don't use running boards but have installed them on previous vehicles just for that reason...

·
7,783 Posts
I wanted to share one of my fav car sales man "reviewers", Doug DeMuro, and he is on Youtube.

He has done some Toyota reviews, but not the Highlander so far.

First is a $100K SUV review and might have as much interior rattle noise as the less than half priced 3rd Gen HL...
Its kinda interesting to watch and think that I really am not missing much besides a little room.

Anyway, maybe you'll enjoy his humor. I know I do....

Classics

F250

Land Cruiser....

Tundra...

Lambo...

·
Registered
111 Posts
15 High, I did the head unit mod that allows me to use the touch screen with the car in motion, and did the backup camera as well. About a year later, my Head Unit started randomly rebooting, resetting, freezing. No matter the position of the switches.

When I bring it in for service, will the mods I did void my warranty on the head unit? Thanks

·
7,783 Posts
I would remove those before taking it in. They likely have nothing to do with the issue, but it sure can be a scapegoat for a dealer to blame and not do a repair.

Not familiar with the motion touch screen mod method, or what could be modified to the backup cam....Number of different mods.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would remove those before taking it in. They likely have nothing to do with the issue, but it sure can be a scapegoat for a dealer to blame and not do a repair.

Not familiar with the motion touch screen mod method, or what could be modified to the backup cam....Number of different mods.
Thanks for the advice. It may be called the GPS mod.... I learned of it here of course. It may be tough to remove them, as they had to cut wires going to the harness. And I have switches in the otherwise blank plates.... I suspect that a tech wouldn't care most of the time, as they see the exact stuff they would do themselves.

But I cannot be the only one to have had their HU serviced after a mod.... anyone else care to chime in - that would be great. TIA.

301 - 320 of 336 Posts