Toyota Nation Forum banner

321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
Curious for those who have the V6 AWD trims. What is the highest avg. MPG did you achieve?

I just came back from a 4 day road trip and I achieved an average 24 MPG while driving 800 miles (80% highway / 20% city) which I think is decent for a vehicle of this size and weight. Highest highway mpg I got was 26 mpg.

To compare, my 15' Camry XSE V6 gets on avg. 26 mpg. Highest I've gotten on hwy was 32 mpg.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Curious for those who have the V6 AWD trims. What is the highest avg. MPG did you achieve?

I just came back from a 4 day road trip and I achieved an average 24 MPG while driving 800 miles (80% highway / 20% city) which I think is decent for a vehicle of this size and weight. Highest highway mpg I got was 26 mpg.

To compare, my 15' Camry XSE V6 gets on avg. 26 mpg. Highest I've gotten on hwy was 32 mpg.
My V6 AWD highlander got 26 average on an 8 hour road trip to the beach. It reads 19mpg with general driving. We rarely reset and and the wife and I have a lead foot :grin: . We live in the mtns of PA so lots of hilly terrain on a daily basis..

My 2012 v6 Camry is has shown 35mpg on a hwy trip before and shows 26mpg with general daily driving..once again, lead foot so I am happy with both vehicles as far as MPG's for their git up and go power..

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
My V6 AWD highlander got 26 average on an 8 hour road trip to the beach. It reads 19mpg with general driving. We rarely reset and and the wife and I have a lead foot :grin: . We live in the mtns of PA so lots of hilly terrain on a daily basis..

My 2012 v6 Camry is has shown 35mpg on a hwy trip before and shows 26mpg with general daily driving..once again, lead foot so I am happy with both vehicles as far as MPG's for their git up and go power..
I notice that you have HIDs for your HL. Any issues with lens flare after you installed the HIDs? I know some halogen projects are a hit or miss when it comes to HID plug n plays.

I'm still deciding on which HIDs to get for the HL.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I notice that you have HIDs for your HL. Any issues with lens flare after you installed the HIDs? I know some halogen projects are a hit or miss when it comes to HID plug n plays.

I'm still deciding on which HIDs to get for the HL.
I haven't noticed any issues. Only issue I have is occasionally one will misfire on start up(in auto mode). So I have to turn the lights off and back on and it will start up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone know if/how you can set the a/c sync to stay on? On mine it defaults to off everytime I start the car. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Curious to know what other here think about new look etc on this 3rd Gen HL forum. I've seen discussion reports, but what about this forum. I notice..search this forum..is missing. Site speed does seem faster. Leaning curve for me. :confused:

·
7,783 Posts
I liked all the tools and the way the space was used, but esthetically and speed wise this WILL be better as things improve, such as speed, and maybe space usage and tools available.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
TOYOTA 2014 HIGHLANDER 009.JPG Testing ease of inserting pics. In reply, I clicked on insert image, clicked..drop image & my pc photos appeared. Clicked on my HL photo/open & bingo. Outstanding how it works. Hopefully same for others? If so...:)

·
Beach dude
301 Posts
Phil,
John Cadogen is hilarious! He also makes some good points. Everything is relative though and I still feel Toyota offers the best reliability and value.
Xpeed,
I have the XD HID 5k kit installed, in both our HLs. No issues at all. They come on and provide much better light than the stock halogens. Its been 10 months so far.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts