Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..at 7045 miles. First was normal oil at dealership with 2100, second at 4100 with Mobil 1....and this time....

Royal Purple 5w30, with a Mobil 1 filter. Took 5.5 quarts, and I have to say, after taking it for a spin, it is much quiter already than with Mobil 1 synthetic. Plus, it looked really cool, the purple tint and all, as I poured it in....just wanted to share.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,560 Posts
I hope you go at least 5000-7000 miles on that purple stuff.

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
how much oil goes in the 2.7? I see two numbers in the manuel and I don't know which one to go by!? I think I've been doing right over 4.5 quarts and checking it

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paid $6.40 per quart, $8.00 for the filter, and will go to 12K on this oil change. Just wanted short intervals up to 7500 initially.

G

·
IMO, RP is the best out there for oil, gear lube, tranny fluid, etc... Heck, I even use their spray lube and synfilm on my firearms. Great stuff. :thumbup:

I ran RP in my last couple truck and my HEMI Ram really liked it. Will run M1 however in the Tacoma as it is a bit easier to get and cheaper. This is just transportation not something special so M1 is good enough( for now anyway - I may bite the bullet and move up to RP but I doubt it - I hate swapping brands once I start using one in a vehicle ).

I pay about $1.25 less p/qt for the M1( $3.99 vs $5.25 ). I have seen RP sold as high as $8 p/qt though. It pays to really shop around for it. On the RP web site( www.royalpurple.com )they have a dealer locater that will show you ever dealer in your state. Pays to check it out and call around. Lots of price difference between retailers. PepBoys up here sells it for $5.99 p/qt.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I still haven't decided what I'll be running in my truck but I did check out the Royal Purple site.

According to it's site it will increase my horsepower, increase my torque, increase my economy, reduce my wear and improve my emmisions.

WOW. How could I have run my last Tacoma 169,000 miles with no engine problems on Dino oil.

But really how could normal people find out if their claims are true ? Either in full or part ?

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
Silentbobs said:
I heard this M1 tends to not like cold temps, I live in denver and we have already had sub zero temps this year...Anyone know how synthetic oil reacts to cold weather?
I'm not plugging AMSOIL but to answer your cold weather question: It was 2 degrees this morning and she started right up no problems. Warms up very quickly. I love the stuff. I've got about 3k and 3 months on the oil so far. I plan on changing the oil and filter every 6 months regardless of the mileage. Overkill maybe. But it's for my baby. :heart:

Now I just have to find a way to loosen up my clutch. It's been very tight the past few days when it's been cold. Not to hijack the thread but anyone have an idea on what to use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.