Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just went and picked the truck up yesterday from the 2nd time fixing the oil leak, and looked under it today and damnit if the whole bottom of the motor is covered in oil again. now toyota says they want to get there service manager involved, likes thats going to do anything. So the truck is def getting traded in now.

·
Registered
839 Posts
may be your crank shaft is bent causing the seal to fail prematurely.

my mustang had a bent pinion shaft so the pinion seal would fail every 10kmiles. The dealer finally figured it out out when it was leaking for the 3rd time at 30kmiles. After the pinion shaft was replaced, 40k miles later and still leak free. So I think your situation may be similar but with your crankshaft.

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
I'de trade it anyways... HAHAHAHA I hear they have some nice Hybrids over there.... ;) We'll see what they say tomorrow I guess...

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pointerDixie214 said:
I'de trade it anyways... HAHAHAHA I hear they have some nice Hybrids over there.... ;) We'll see what they say tomorrow I guess...
ass, yeh im def going to trade it. because it shouldnt be leaking again right after i picked it up from the dealer, plus with all the other probs its had im just done with it. they are looking for me a 06 access cab prerunner right now, and they said they would give me 15,000 for mine and then give me there cost for the new one.

·
And My Dog Remington
725 Posts
Pics my friend... pics... ???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Be smart, and try the "lemon" law first. If you trade it in, YOU will lose big financially, not the manufacturer. The leak is not your fault!!! You have rights as a consumer, and even Toyota manufactures "lemons" just like any other auto manufacturer. Here are some suggestions:

-Get the local Toyota zone rep involved
-Be polite, respectful, and courteous with all Toyota contacts
-If they can't resolve the leak to your satisfaction, demand a replacement vehicle with the exact same options
-If all else fails, explain that you have no choice but be represented by an experienced attorney who specializes in this area of law. It will most likely go to arbitration, you will win with your complete documentation, and Toyota pays the arbitration costs. It ususally doesn't cost the vehicle owner anything out of pocket.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh i thought of that but u have to be the original owner to file for a lemon and i bought the truck with 12,000 miles on it. i asked for the rep the first time i came in but they just kept making me talk to the manager and now he is working with me to help find a 06 prerunner access cab, im going in the morning to drop off my truck again and to talk to the sales people. i am also bringing pointer along with me bc he is better with people than i am and ill just get pissed off as i already am.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not being the original owner will be a problem. Best of luck. I realize how frustrated you must be with 3 oil leaks at this point. Good luck.

·
Registered
'05 Taco & '89 ///M3
196 Posts
What about lemon law? Or does that not apply when the vehicle is bought used? I would still think it would apply because the warranty is still in effect. :confused:

Whatever happens, good luck and sorry that you are having all these problems.

EDIT: found the answer to my own question:

http://www.800helpfla.com/lemonlaw.html said:
Did you purchase or lease your vehicle NEW in the State of Florida?

The Florida Lemon Law applies to NEW or demonstrator motor vehicles which are sold or leased in the State of Florida. With a few exceptions, a previously titled vehicle (used car) is not covered by the Lemon Law

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so i just dropped it off at the service dept. and like i said before all the service manager did was say "yep its leaking" wow thanks for his damn input, im going back later on to talk to sales a little more and will update later.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
dl1027- it has been coming from the front main seal
I think Hans Moleman is correct that you have a bent crank shaft. It also could be a warped block. I've heard that's a somewhat common problem for the V6. You should tell them to install a new shortblock.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Dbl Cab LB
356 Posts
If the crank was bent there would be much more serious problems than just a front seal leak.

Most likely, there is a nick or rough spot on the crank journal that the seal rides on. A few thousand rotations and it chews away the seal lip and oil starts seeping out again. The nick or rough spot could also be on the outside edge of the crank where it tears the seal when it is being installed (as it is slid over the front end of the crank). You can suggest to the mechanic to look for this. If it is on the outside edge, it can be filed, sanded, and polished enough to get the seal over without damage. If the nick/rough spot is where the seal rides, then it is new crank time.

Good Luck.

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it actually is from the crankshaft pulley, and of course they cant get the part in until friday since it has to be shipped out of cali, they gave me a crappy ass daewae( however u spell it) as a rental. im pretty pissed off right now with toyota and there service so might be looking for a different model car, maybe another gt mustang

1 - 17 of 17 Posts