Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 4Runner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay all,

Just wondering if anyone has put the 2.7L into an 88 YN63, in place of the MIGHTY 4Y.
Any problems bolting upto W58 Trans.
Do the engine mounts line up.
This is an Australian 4Runner, so right hand drive.
Also would the 4Y sump bolt onto the 3RZ-FE engine, reason i ask is 2.7L is 2wd and the sump of the 4Y allows for the diff

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for info on a swap as well, but over here (US) most of the 3RZ's are in 4WD 4Runners and such, and come in a front-sump config. I havent seen one yet from a 2WD Tacoma or 4Runner, so dont know, but have been told that there is a center-sump available.

·
Registered
88 4Runner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have nearly finish my conversion (4Y-C/3RZ-FE) went kind of smoothly
Engine bolts straight up to mounts
Gearbox bolts straight onto new bellhousing
Bonnet closes NOW (removed sum braces and sum engine brackets)
Exhaust still big problem (too close to firewall, melting soundproofing inside cabin, smoke everywhere, melting handbrake cable, can only drive short distances with windows down)
ECU playing up (Engine Light on, unable to extract codes cause no OBE plug and diagnostic plug under bonnet only has 4-5 wires 1 being E1 and 2 being B+ no Te1 or Te2(Any info on how to extract codes from back of the computer on an RZN149 Hilux would be great)
Possible code to be extracted is Speed Sensor cause I dont have one(Any info on how to bypass this would be helpful)
Vacume lines not connected propley as I dont know where they go (more than likly missing sumthing else)(Any photos or info on this would be fantastic)

Any one have any questions or INFO to add PLEASE post here, most emails get sent to junk mail (damn hotmail)

Also does anyone know where to get hold of a p/s bracket for a 3RZ-FE in Western Australia or anywhere in AUstralia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.