Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info for the 3RZ engine I cant seem to find online anywhere.... can anyone help out here? = )

I am looking for dimensions- high, wide, long. weight for a long block or complete engine would be gravy.

I am considering this powerplant for an engine swap, so anything else you want to throw at me would be appreciated as well!

thanks, tannji

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
im in the same boat as you buddie im dreaming of a 3RZ swap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I want to throw one in my 240Z with a turbo @ about 20 pounds of boost.... but I need some measurements before I go any further, lol.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
240 im supprised your not opting for a SR20 swap. 3rz blocks and cranks are good up to i belive 1000hp correct me if im wrong i remember seeing it on some funny car page.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:eek: 1000HP? I dont think I have read about ANY SR20DET with that, let alone stock. AFAIK, SR20 bottom end is good to 350-400 stock... [EDIT: just reread, you said 1000hp out of 3rz, my bad = ) ]
and I want a little more, but with no worries about long term durability. If the 3RZ doesnt work out, I may go to the SR20, it would be an easier install... but the 3RZ has WAAAAY more potential.... Drag teams are taking it well south of 1000HP. It is a Very durable motor, and of course, the extra .7 litre is nice as well.
My 240 came with the L20 I6 engine, but that has been gone for years, I bought it with a camero 5.7 liter TPI engine. Sounds backwards to halve the engine like I am, but I will enjoy the drive more with the 4-banger, it will have at least 100 to 150 more hourses than the TPI does, I will end up with more space under the hood for some creative plumbing and custom V-mounting of the radiator and IC, and the handling will feel more like it did stock. I could replace the TPI with an LS1 or LS2, but this will be cheaper initially, and more in line with what I actually want out of the car, which definitely includes turbocharging. I can turbo the V8 as well.... but then I will have to pay specific attention to not having too much HP (lol) and losing my drivability.
In the meantime, I just need some measurements... tho I am getting better vibes the more I read.... (google is my friend, not my best friend yet, but good) I think this will work ou in the long run.

tannji

1 - 6 of 6 Posts