Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I own a 2003 RAV4. The engine recently developed a crack on the block and thus I need to essentially get a new one. I was thinking of buying a turbo-charged 3S-GTE engine and mount it on my RAV4.

Is this even possible? I searched quite a bit but all I found was first gen RAV4 swaps for this engine, nothing for my own gen 2.

I know that most swaps require quite a bit of work, but I was wondering if I would have to alter the engine bay and mounts to actually fit the 3S-GTE engine in there. And if the gearbox can fit as is.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Money is not a concern. I simply want to know what I will need to do. How hard it is, and how much I will have to modify the car. If it's too much, I will just buy a new block for my 1AZ-FE and call it a day.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,622 Posts
Yer gonna have to find the engine bay measurements and compare them to engine measurements. The swap is probably gonna be in the price range of $8000 to $10,000 when all done and said. It's gonna take awhile to git everything completed depending on whether yer doing the work or someone else is. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts