Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i had a pretty cool idea for an engine swap, I was thinking if it was possible to put the 3S-GTE engine in a AE92 sedan or hatchback shell and leave it front wheel drive. i think it would pretty madd to do it but in the end i think the performance would be outstanding, With horsepower from 190-260 bhp its no way it could disappointing. but the thing is can it fit in and what tranny would work with it. I'm sure it would be a pretty interesting project to do..:D

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,675 Posts
lots of custom work and a 3SGE transmission from a camry, plus a heavy duty clutch to handle the turbo power and you should be set. This is of course providing you have a 3SGTE with harness and ECU. Oh yeah.. money... lots of it. :)

·
searchin'
389 Posts
yes, yes y'all, ya don't stop, jay's car was freakin' fast, when we booted around town in that, my rearend barely kept its seat, and forget keeping drinks in there :weed:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, if you really love the car, and got the cash, sometimes u just can't care about buying a better car.

Anyway, have you guys seen fensport's modded toyotas with 3sgte(s)? Those kick ass, they got even a 4WD ver.

www.fensport.co.uk

FENSPORT NEW COROLLA

2.0L TURBO, 4 WHEEL DRIVE with a 600+BHP 3SGTE ENGINE

Having created the UK`s fastest Front wheel drive Corolla`s, we decided it was time for a 4WD version and have used the latest Japanese specification Corolla Runx bodyshell. Originally imported in april 2002, as a 1.5litre Automatic ! The car was completely stripped and rebuilt by late July 2002.

This car has been extensively modified and now uses all the running gear from the Celica GT-4 Turbo - ST205.. The standard ecu has been retained to run all the normal functions such as dashboard etc, and a MoTeC M4 Pro ECU is used to control the engine as well as Launch control, Data logging and Wide band Lambda, the MoTeC also controls the water injection and boost pressure, all mapping is done by ourselves.

The engine is a ST205 spec 2.0 litre turbo 3sgte, The bottom end is modified using a TTE Steel Crank & Rods with JE Forged Pistons, Group 'A' Bearings and Bolts. ARP headstuds help keep the HKS metal headgasket under the ported cylinder head. HKS 264 degree cams with HKS pulleys.

The fuel system is upgraded with TTE 950cc injectors, HKS fuel pressure regulator, braided fuel lines and a 255L/HR fuel pump.

The turbocharger is a Garrett GT30/35 Ball bearing unit, mounted on a HKS Tubular manifold, and using a HKS 50mm remote wastegate. A Blitz Front mount "bar & plate" Intercooler with custom made stainless steel 70mm piping, and ERL water injection system keeping the intake charge cool.

Exedy Twin plate clutch with lightweight flywheel.

In order to handle the power, the car has handbuilt custom suspension with Koni adjustable shocks front and rear, Fensport Springs, Uprated Anti-Roll bars with poly bushes.

Front brakes are Hi - spec 6 Pot Calipers with massive 335 x 30mm front discs, The rear are 20valve corolla disc conversion.

Power output for road use is now a very useful 535bhp with 400 ft/lb torque running on standard super unleaded 97 octane pump fuel. Click here for rolling road report.

The car has now been modified for drag and track use and by using race fuel the power is lifted to over 600bhp, with torque up to 458 ft/lbs.

Weight is 1300kgs in race trim.

----

they got more rollas on there with 3S-GTE engines.

Cheers ;)

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Yeah, but the new corolla was already 4WD, plus they basically took the whole drivetrain out and installed the 3S-GTE drivetrain in. PLUS the new corolla is wider than the old ones, so you wouldnt have the problem with the driveshafts of the 3S being longer than the ones that you'd normally have. So custom driveshafts would have to be made somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.