Constructive or not
Have coverted sump & oil pickup
What out of the hundred things do i do next
Thinking on how to bolt in engine?

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
look up how the beams 3sge bolts up. thats a normally rwd 3s block. i know the bolt holes are there, just look for a way to use them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silverstreakin Thanks
That way to use them will be what ill be looking for on Wednesday
Modifying or making engine mounts too suit the existing brackets on the 73 ?
Any thing Any thing at all that might help ill be looking.
Time is on my side
Money somewhat limited
ready to inject 5-6k
PS found what seems to be a great EMC ( EMS 8860 sequential motorsport)http://enginemanagementsystem.com/prod01.htm
ttfn
sid

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Doesn't the 3s-gte motor mount sideways in the car? Personally id look into a 7m-gte or a 2jzgte seeing as their both rwd engines, and you could mabey use their drivetrain. Mabey im wrong about the 3s-gte being mounted sideways....Mabey the MR-2 is diffrent than the Celica. IDK, damnit now im curious.
Anyways my friend did a 3s-gte swap into a 95 GT Celica in Deltona Florida. If you go to www.ToyotaCelicaWeb.com on the forum you can do a search on it. That was basicly the main topic there for a while. The forum is no longer really active, but there is alot of good info there. BTW, I love 1st gen Celicas....id sell my soul to the devil for a decent one. Good luck, hope I helped.
I belive Titian Motorsports did a 85 Celica with a 7m-gte engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Camry_rider to you thanks as well
Yes it was fwd or sideways thats is the nut cracker im conv to rwd
and mod to suit(some how) 1 car raceing in Tasmania Leigh Forest
but not into a 73 First gen ?????
I have striped stacks of bits from corona st-141
and have 3S-GTE motor and two 73LT celica,s
Hopefully the passion and patience.
A Talented friend(machenest/machanic) & workshop with hoist
So so far ive used sump from st-141 filled in two bolt holes that were not required cut hole and installed oil pipe. used oil pickup from st-141 All now bolted in and sealed(that has corrected the slant in sump.
Now looking at engine mounts from ST-141 but thay dont seem to fit the 3s-gte exactly might have to weld in packer?
mmmmmmmmmmmmm
so many things to think of
help
will look daily maybe twice
Sid

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Now that I think of it....I found some stuff on a racing Supra that used the 3s-gte powerplant. Its a great engine and I hear it can hold upwards of 350 hp on stock internals without problems, and that 400 hp can be achived on stock internals saftley. You may want to check out www.toysport.com I know they have info on the 3s-gte. Are you going to do j-spec 3s-gte? What car are you pulling from? My buddy used the st205 3s-gte motor, he said when he first got it running he went and found the first v8 sports car he could, whooped the crap out of him, and poped both axels hitting 3rd gear. He said it was also well worth pushing the car a few blocks back to his house. When I get everything done to my Camry im going to look into this swap. Good luck, keep us updated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well t/day was to be the day to mount this big mumma.
ST-141 engine mounts adapted with spacers welded in place.
we open up a new set of herdels to overcome the 73,s engine mounts on the rails the angle seems a bit wrong cannot use them
poss need to weld mounting plate on angle to accomadate engine mount(st-141)mmmmmmmmmm
Just looking at my baby with that block and head smiling at me .
Stripped bare just waiting for all the go fast bits .
aaaarrrrrgggggggggg
back to reality for now
Where was i
mmmmmmm
Still stumped How will she twist under pressure can i take out the lean what if i weld her in hard im not going to rush stop think
By a 3 to 1 vote we pospone to start agaig on monday as 2 paying jobs have come into work shop (300zx turbo stuffed $$$$)
two jobs in one there)(r32skylineECU up grade).
Thank you for your reply,s
Keep the info flowing
ps Camry_rider j-spec 3s-gte?
Im not to certen of its history but the 3s-gte is from gt celiac something like that (2nd gen i think)
Hay left field QU: Can i use one of my 5 speed steel box out of the 74 lt or was your frinds lesson with axle one of power will find the weekest point and punish it. Im still not convinced whitch way to go with the tranny. Woooo back walk b4 running.
back later
Sid

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So hello to all it looks like eng brackett st-141 fits 3sgte on the passenger side but on the other bolts up in 2 out of 4 spots to one side looks like fabrication time.
Also dont realy want long water hose from back of eng to radiator.
I was removing plastic covers off timeing belt looked under the belt tenchener and there is a large enought hole plugged up to use for connecting to the radeator.
But how do i move that belt tenchener to use the hole at the frount of the eng.(Im realy hopeing it has been done b4)
If not I will still do it
Following a different path with gearbox from what i can find offered on net Ill know more on monday
Sid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts