Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a question.(iám dutch so my english isn't so good SORRY)

I had a trackday on the circuit, in holland on Zandvoort.
But after it, the engine didn't drop.

So the engine have a high engine speed end wil not drop.
it makes 1000 RPM when the engine is running in parking mode.

And after the trackday when i left the circuit the engine have rough idling. between the 850 RPM and the 1500 RPM, and it stopped after 15 min.

Can please somewone help me??

Greats Tyn

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for teh reply,

Yes thats what i mean the rpm didn't drop .

And the ecu didn't give a trouble code!

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
You know I had a similar occasion back last year in the Winter.

I ran my car hard and it results in rough idling.

It disappeared over night though, and have never had a problem since.

Car healed itself :eek: :thumbup:

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
You mean your idle is high?? Take it in for a tune up.... see if that helps... maybe you just pounded it too hard.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ishcoleobo said:
You mean your idle is high?? Take it in for a tune up.... see if that helps... maybe you just pounded it too hard.
Jep thats what i mean,but before the trackday the idle was normal on 850 RPM.

·
Search is your friend
327 Posts
try clearing the ecu. pull the negative battery terminal off for 2 mins. reattach and see if your idle is back to normal. Did you use race gas when you where at the track? Re-check your timing and plugs also.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didn't use race gas .
i did this now :pull the negative battery terminal off for 2 mins.

But the problem is still there.(sorry)

something alse is strange,when i step full on the accelerator, and let it go again the RPM meter go's verry slow back.
maybe this is some information you helpfull people can help me in the further??

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Maybe the timing is off or the timing belt jumped a tooth.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
ICV need some cleaning. Your intake and/or injector probably were dirty. They got clean up a bit after you race. When you race, engine run hot for longer time and usually will clean some of the carbon build up. Idle control valve don't like any changes. Remove intake hose and clean the throttle body with throttle body cleaner. Remove EFI fuse or battery terminal before you start cleaning to rest ECU.
You'll need to set idle and timing too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Pineapple said:
ICV need some cleaning. Your intake and/or injector probably were dirty. They got clean up a bit after you race. When you race, engine run hot for longer time and usually will clean some of the carbon build up. Idle control valve don't like any changes. Remove intake hose and clean the throttle body with throttle body cleaner. Remove EFI fuse or battery terminal before you start cleaning to rest ECU.
You'll need to set idle and timing too.
the timing belt is not jumped a tooth.

I have clean the throttle body ,it was dirty YES,but the problem is still there.

I try to tune up the idle but the adjust screw is already on the bottom(to his end), so i can't get the idle lower with the adjust screw .

In the weekend i going to clean the sparks,maybe the sparks are untuned(if thats possible).

are there more suggestions for me to look at??
please let me know and thanks already for the help i have get from you all already

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow ok check your tps check all the valves around the engine and make sure they all work.
you think thats a problem...
my car idels at 2000 when cold idels at 1500 when warm and if its driven for like 5 mins it idels from a 1000 to 1500 then drops back to 1000 and then climes to 1500 ;)

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I try to tune up the idle but the adjust screw is already on the bottom(to his end), so i can't get the idle lower with the adjust screw .
You shouldnt fiddle with that unless you are using an exhaust analyzer, you might do more damage than good.
Check ALL of the vacuum hoses, might be that one of them is loose.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
I had similar problem, it was the ICV. It let in too much air so the idle screw does nothing. It does sounds like you got too much air either from the ICV or vaccum leak.

Exhaust analyzer to set idle??? Or you mean something else? I just use a good timing gun with tach to do that :p:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pineapple said:
I had similar problem, it was the ICV. It let in too much air so the idle screw does nothing. It does sounds like you got too much air either from the ICV or vaccum leak.

Exhaust analyzer to set idle??? Or you mean something else? I just use a good timing gun with tach to do that :p:

Oke,it's like that yes,
but what is a ICV,is that a valve or something??

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
ICV is the green thing at bottom of throttle body. When you remove the intake hose, you'll see big hole in the TB. Spray cleaner in there until it come out clear.
Reset ECU after that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oeps,i broken my spark cable,so i can't go on.

I have order 4 new ones,whene i have them i can go fix the other problem, so please hang on!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts