Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
see tranny swap thread

My '94 1MZ auto driver's axle doesn't extend far enough into the 2000 1MZ manual tranny I just swapped in. The axle extends into the diff about 3 1/2", which is where the splines just begin to start in the differential. To fully engage, the axle must extend in around 4 1/2". The question is: will 3VZ inner axles solve my problem, or do I need to buy all new gen4 axles? There aren't any yards around with applicable cars, so I don't want to buy axles if they won't solve my problem.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
First off, I don't know!

Second! I don't see how 3vz axles are going to help you. The front suspension changed on Gen4's so by simple logic I would expect no Gen3 suspension to work.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought new gen 4 MT axles. The part numbers for the automatic V6 axles are the same for 1994-2001 (gen 3 and gen 4 1MZ) so the suspension change wasn't drastic enough to merit different axles. Problem solved as long as the carrier bearing works, otherwise I will need a gen 4 rear mount as well (the engine cradle P/N is the same for gen 3 / gen 4 as well, so the mount should work)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts