Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
camry vzv21
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 3vz-fe will fit into gen2 with a 2vz-fe in it?
Has anyone done a swap like this? Am thinking maybe fit the 2vz inlet manifold and other outside bits onto the 3vz i think both motors use the same heads and block monting points? Any info most welcome thanks.

cheers jamie

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
I know the single cam 3vz the cranks are interchangible so you could just swap them and make it 3.0
Maybe if you want the pistons to smack into the head...

-Charlie

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
Does anyone know if the 3vz-fe will fit into gen2 with a 2vz-fe in it?
Has anyone done a swap like this? Am thinking maybe fit the 2vz inlet manifold and other outside bits onto the 3vz i think both motors use the same heads and block monting points? Any info most welcome thanks.

cheers jamie
There is a good chance that if you use all 2vz manifolds and electronics that you could put them on a 3vz-fe long block. The AFM would adjust for the larger amount of airflow and you should pick up some power.

I'm not aware of anyone that has done it, so you would be treading in new waters. A similar thing works with the 5s-fe and 3s-fe though (the long blocks are swappable).

-Charlie

·
Registered
9 Posts
the bore is the same between the 2 the stroke of 3vz is the diff in liters if you use the 3vz rotating assem in the 2vz block

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is a good chance that if you use all 2vz manifolds and electronics that you could put them on a 3vz-fe long block. The AFM would adjust for the larger amount of airflow and you should pick up some power.

I'm not aware of anyone that has done it, so you would be treading in new waters. A similar thing works with the 5s-fe and 3s-fe though (the long blocks are swappable).

-Charlie
i thought it would be better to retain the 3vz's intake manifold seeing as how it has the acis feature... ?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,678 Posts
i thought it would be better to retain the 3vz's intake manifold seeing as how it has the acis feature... ?
The ACIS would only work if the ECU controlled it - you would have to re-wire for the 3vz-fe ECU which is non-trivial - or just add an MSD RPM switch, I suppose. You would run into other possible problems though - are the throttle bodies compatible, etc...

-Charlie

·
Registered
9 Posts
the 3vze has all the same bolt patrens as the 2vz heads arre even swapible just has a taller deck are the 3vzfe iron or alum block

·
Registered
camry vzv21
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so i just picked myself up a gen 3 v6 camry vienta ultima with the 3vz-fe motor and auto trans so now i can look into seeing if the 3vz-fe motor has all the correct mounting points to swap one into the gen 2 with the 2vz-fe.:naughty:

·
Registered
9 Posts
unfortunatly ya just gota find a block for comparison, i picked up a 3vz-e block and confirmed the 2vz heads would bolt on, as for a 2nd gen swap id put my money into swapin the newer 3.5 those have alot of power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts