Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I have one problem with my V6 .... when i turn on the A/C on the highway or in town ... the temp needle go at 2 cm of the red zone ... and a sound come from the engine bay ... When the A/C is off ... no reaction, the temp is normal all the time

Thanks!
David

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I had the same problem a summer or two ago. Is your A/C working solid? Or is it pretty weak?

My issue was that mine was going out. And turning it on while stationary caused it to over heat. My case was a leaky compressor.

Sound like the same thing?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The temperature of the "climatised" air is comfortable ... not to cold/hot. And in the hot day, the A/C system have some problem to down the temperature ... i think is not normal ... What is the price of a new compressor?

thank you!!
David

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hmmm sound like one the A/C parts is not working, i had the same probs but worse i got to change everything coz of the severce overheating. I suspect is the T-X valves, i was told it didn't open and close problems and that is what cause the overheating!

Cheers :)

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
also the condensor fan not kicking in can couse a problem as well. quickest check would be to pop your hood and turn on the ac the fan's should turn on if they dont start looking there for your problem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the V6 engine i have only one fan ... it turn when the engine is on. The engine with the 2 fans is the 4 cyl i think

Other precision:
The last owner of the cam use only this car at winter ... but the A/C is never turned on at winter lol. This is the cause of the problem ?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Well you could pick up a used compressor, but the problem is that it will need to be updated. And that costs anywhere from $400-$700USD. If you find a new one it may already be updated, but I'm not sure on that. It really depends on how much you really need it.

I decided against fixing it. I have windows :)
(However I still have a newer compressor that I got from Ben, so I still have the option of fixing it)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts