Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okies. well I know I don't post here much, in terms of questions. But I am stumped and I guess I want some reassurance that I am looking in the right places.

My 92 3vz won't start, it cranks, has spark, and air (tested it with starting fluid in the TB), but the fuel is a mystery. I tested the pump and I can hear the rail pressurize, but it is acting like there is no fuel for the start. Mind you I had it started for a brief time, and then turned it off, but haven't been able to get it back.

My theories for culprits are A fuel pressure regulator, or B something with the automatic choke, or C "gremlins" to quote Former Governor Spitzer

any input would be really appreciated, and mutually beneficial, as if I can't get it started, we have no test fit for the 4 point lower brace on the Gen 3's

Thanks again gang

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Is there power going to the injectors?

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there power going to the injectors?
yes on that one Adam, the engine seems like it is getting power, but for some reason it acts like there is no fuel getting to it, I am wondering if a filter would do that or something else

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I really wonder if your right on the regulator on the fuel rail......even though I've never heard of one go bad. :confused:

If it was just a clogged filter it should still let "some fuel through. Maybe unscrew the out line on the filter and do a quick crank to see if the fuel comes out?

1: Will start shortly with carb cleaner = Not getting fuel from tank.
2: Sparkplugs getting spark = Not a spark issue.

1: Injectors not firing.
2: Broken regulator on fuel rail.

Thats all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you can, try to get a fuel pressure gauge hooked up to rule out the regulator. One other thing you can do is turn on the key to pressurize the rail, then turn it off immediately and remove the fitting from the filter a bit to see if it is maintaining the pressure by observing the escaping fuel. If it looks as if it is, then I would suspect the ECU. Next test would be to try to measure the signal to one of the injectors to make sure it is getting something from the ECU. And of course, check the fuses.

dave mc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts