Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently have 4:10 in my 1990 pickup 4x4 with an 7.8 inch 10 bolt drop out. but my pinion is shredded missing some teeth and my ring gear is pretty bad to but my problem is I can’t find 4:10 gears anywhere except for ford 410 but anyways my question is can I run a 4:11 and not damage my front end I heard something about if it’s less then 1% difference then it won’t hurt it but would hate to spend the time and money just to spend more any info would be helpful thanks

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,099 Posts
So I currently have 4:10 in my 1990 pickup 4x4 with an 7.8 inch 10 bolt drop out. but my pinion is shredded missing some teeth and my ring gear is pretty bad to but my problem is I can’t find 4:10 gears anywhere except for ford 410 but anyways my question is can I run a 4:11 and not damage my front end I heard something about if it’s less then 1% difference then it won’t hurt it but would hate to spend the time and money just to spend more any info would be helpful thanks
Pretty sure that's a Toyota 8" and 4.10's are available for that. Contact these guys, They know what they're doing and great to work with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts