Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 v6 ext cab
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if i should do a 4.3 or 7mge swap. if i do a 4.3 in gonna carborate it. just let me know wht you guys would think is a better idea and more fuel efficent. i need more power

·
One with the farce
2,886 Posts
The EFI 7M will be more efficient than a carbed 4.3L, plus it will sound nicer.

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
The EFI 7M will be more efficient than a carbed 4.3L, plus it will sound nicer.
x2 :thumbup:

or you could go for the gte and enjoy the ear pleasing sounds of boost

·
Registered
91 v6 ext cab
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a 22re now. i cant find a turbo trans and i dnt want to pay someone to make me a bell housing for it. i would like to do the turbo and all. but i would have acess to vortecs easier. cause i live next to a junk yard my cosuins own. but theres not many supras up there. dont really wantot o deal with all tht wiring. tried it once almost lost my whole 4 runner..

·
Registered
91 v6 ext cab
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and ive got 2.5 exhaust all mandrel bent into 4 inch bull hauler stacks sounds pretty good .

·
7MGTE/22RE
Turbo Supra
431 Posts
www.supracharged.com

SOOO easy to swap a 7m into a truck that originally has a 22re. i'm currently building a high static CR 7mgte for my pickup. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Why not a super charged 22re?...it sounds cool!

·
Registered
Mazda Miata
78 Posts
Has anyone thought of using a trailblazer engine? How big is that sucker physically? Its a 4.2liter all alloy straight 6 motor... 4 valves per cylinder... I've got to get a measuring tape and find one to check out. They seem to be cheaper at junkyards than 7m's... thats for sure.

Turbo, intercooler, megasquirt... yeehaw!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts