Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
T-shirt & Decal maker
94 Toy Pickup
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my family just wrecked a 94 lincoln mark 8 with a 4.6L modular 4 cam 32 valve engine. Insurance Junked it.....
Motor only has 85k miles on it. 280hp 285 ft lbs tq.
only has front end damage. still drives fine needs mostly cosmetic stuff on the front end. I can pick it up for $500. I was thinking of pulling the motor and trans and stuffing it into my 94 2WD Toyota pickup. I was wondering if it has been done? Or does it use the same adapter kit as the 5.0 ford?
I have been looking for the right time to convert my truck over. I would prefer a Chevy v8-v6 but this is falling into my lap.....

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
from what im read and seen, thats a pretty wide engine. you might want to get a tape measure and check to see if it would even fit in the engine bay.

Reactions: Maximuss

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
The old 5.0 and the 4.6 are completely different engines. The 4.6 is an OHC engine and as noted above, it's a big beast. Are you sure the 94 Lincoon had a 4.6?

·
T-shirt & Decal maker
94 Toy Pickup
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The old 5.0 and the 4.6 are completely different engines. The 4.6 is an OHC engine and as noted above, it's a big beast. Are you sure the 94 Lincoon had a 4.6?
Yes. From what I have read the engine is very similar to the Cobra 4.6L engine in the Mustangs. Only difference is the intake and the pistons. Lincoln engine has 280HP and the Cobra had 305hp All the Mark 8s got the same 4.6L engine. I have driven it and it moved pretty good for a 4200 lb beast. I just need to find out if I can stab it in there without too many issues. I only need motor mounts, headers, crossmember and shorter driveshaft. Oh yeah and the TIME to make it all work.. Not sure if I am living in a fantasy world or not.... I hope to make this happen....

·
T-shirt & Decal maker
94 Toy Pickup
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$500? wheels, tires, V8, and a part out.

rear axle too?
Yes. Only damage is front bumper and little nic on the hood. Headlight are messed up as well. My Mom is the original owner of the Mark 8. She rear ended a van. Interior is probably not 100% perfect. I drove it home after the accident. drives great. Sitting at the body shop waiting for Insurance to get rid of it.

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
MarkVIII is IRS like the thunderbird.
Yes, it does have the 4.6 but with the higher output 32v head, better intake, etc.
as mentioned, different mounts, trans, everything.

People put the UZ engines in and they're DOHC... don't see why this wouldn't fit offhand. besides, it's a pickup. not like it's got a teeny tiny little tercel sized engine bay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
do this

+1.

Man, I say take the IRS of the Mark8 too! :D
this is way cheaper and better im guess you either have a 22r or 22re if you do just order the high output supercharger and you will get 300hp+ i did it to my 22re it cost me 1500 bucks and everything is stock but the supercharger im pushing 320hp and is sick....i would not do a swap and go with a supercharger....

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
this is way cheaper and better im guess you either have a 22r or 22re if you do just order the high output supercharger and you will get 300hp+ i did it to my 22re it cost me 1500 bucks and everything is stock but the supercharger im pushing 320hp and is sick....i would not do a swap and go with a supercharger....

·
T-shirt & Decal maker
94 Toy Pickup
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where do I get a Supercharger for a 22re? for $1500?

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Are you guys serious? 320hp from a 22RE is gunna cost you a shitload, honestly, more than $1500.

Then I ask you the question, how long will that damn 22RE last?

here's whatsup...

4.6L V8 that easily support 320hp vs a 2.4L I4 that takes a shitload of effort to grab 320hp.

I'd rather play with the V8's notes and torque band, have fun with that "sc'd 22RE"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a 4.6 out of a 2000 Mustang GT into a 93 Toyota pickup 2x4. It is kind of tight but it will fit. I fabricated my own motor mounts and transmission mounts, then used the Toyota driveline with the mustang trans yoke. I then put the Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake, Holley 4 barrel, msd 6011 timing control module, and 9psi Holley fuel pump. The only downfall with this swap is that you have you raise the engine high enough for the oil pan to clear your steering linkage, so that been said the engine sets a little high but I made my own cowl hood to clear it. Not sure how to post pics on here but if someone tells me how I will post them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at '99 Cobra 4.6 right now, destined for my '85 Xtra Cab SR5 2WD. Was doing a quick internet search to see if anyone else had done a similar swap and found this. I'll send you a direct message, I'd love to learn what you've done and save some time for myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts