Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Toyota Pickup
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does ne one know anything on how to convert motors because i plan on converting my 3.0L v6 motor with an 4.7L V8 Toyota Tundra motor and im gonna see if i can also supercharge it. i just wanna know if would be really hard and would that engine fit in my yota. Does any one also know a place where they can a custom wiring harness that would hook up to a 4.7L. Does any one think this is a good idea??:confused:

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
bro if u have money for gas before the swap and after then anythings possible. Im sure you could fit it u might have to do some firewall and front work to fit it good with the rad. the harness is gonna be a bitch let alone fitting the tranny and what not. Ever think about a 5VZ swap?

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
i say you should got for a Supra Turbo swap.. it would ALOT of power and it would be NICE

·
Registered
89 Toyota Pickup
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
naw i never thought about the 5VZ, but isnt that a tacoma engine?? and also arent the supra engines way to big for the pickup engine bay? all i know is that i want to put lotz of power into this lil guy to make him a huge sleeper on the road! thanks for all ur inputs if u got more tell!

·
Registered
245 Posts
why not squeeze a chevy or ford V10 in there? ya never know. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
my suggestion is go with carbed 350 chevy.. .. then just get a 5 speed tranny from a camaro.. from what i have been told the chevy fits in the yota engine bay nicely and all you have to do is turn the motor mounts around backwards.. im not too sure about all this but thast what i have been told.. and i have actually also been told that if you have a 22r tranny 5 speed it will bolt up to the chevy motor and u can do ur swap cheap but you will have to baby it so it doesnt blow stuff up heh..

·
Registered
7 Posts
the 350 bolts up to the stock tranny and can hold the tq and hp without havin to rebuild, the ford 302 fits in easy as well bc its not as wide and the distributor is in the front, and the down fall for the ford is it needs a bellhousin adapter... i know the 4.3l v6 chevy makes fits in as welol bc well im about to put one in, they have nice hp and hella torque (compared to the 4cly as well as the yota v6) if you have the computer you can do what ever you want, you can get computers from the dealerships from totaled ones at junk yards, as well as the wiring harness, ur doin the smart thing b/c if you fix up and engine u compromise reliablitly, this is why u doin the smart thing and goin with a bigger engine, lol ima do some reasearch and measurin and find out if the 2004 hemi can fit lol i know it won't fit the tranny but im sure i could get it mountin in there somewhere

Cody

·
Registered
92 pickup xtra cab
563 Posts
you can get a supra engin in there, lots of people have done it.
anything can be done, if you have the pockets to fund it.
i had a similar plan, but swapping in a 3S-GTE so it wouldn'r mess up the handling and wieght balance. the problem i've had is finding a bellhousing to go from that engine to a RWD tranny. although if I could find an IS200 i could nab the bell housing from that.
good luck with your plans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts