Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Camry DX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright boys i’m too dumb to figure this out, how do we 4 lug swap a camry. all the cool old jdm wheels are 4 lug and at this point i just feel like buying a cressida maybe a corolla from the same year? let’s figure it out boys

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,090 Posts
Find a good machine shop and modify the hubs...

Or fill and re-drill the cool old-school wheels you are interested in.

5x100 isn't that uncommon, though I understand if you are going for 80's wheels (instead of '90+).

-Charlie

Reactions: Staticgen2

·
Registered
1990 Camry, Base Model, 5-Speed, 3SFE
1 Posts
The rear hubs on Celicas with a 4x100 lug pattern (I think Celicas with a 4A engine?) should be interchangeable with the Camry rear hub. Overlaying the Camry and Celica hubs show that they line up, but I haven't actually put it on my Camry to confirm.
I haven't checked the front hubs, but the wheel bearings PNs are the same on RockAuto so I think at least the spindles would be interchangeable.

Not sure about stepping down from 5 to 4 lugs though... 5x114 with the Rav4 spindle in the rear works but I haven't looked into 4x114 yet. I am looking into hubs/spindles between the older Toyotas, and will let you know if I figure out those other patterns and fronts.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,090 Posts
The rear hubs on Celicas with a 4x100 lug pattern (I think Celicas with a 4A engine?)
A '90-'93 Celica ST (I think its the 7A engine) would be 4-lug, along with the ST trim of the 86-89 Celica. It would be some press work to swap... but if you really want to go that direction, you gotta blaze a trail.

-Charlie

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Camry DX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

5x100 isn't that uncommon, though I understand if you are going for 80's wheels (instead of '90+).

-Charlie
So i have been calling shops around me and none of them want to do it, if anyone in so cal knows where i can go to get the hubs modified that would be awesome, i forgot i even made this post until i googled it and found it again haha

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Camry DX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

-Charlie
still need a machine shop in so cal or someone to fill and redrill wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts