Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So my 2017 50th anniversary has 19k on it and all the tires are loosing air. Not all at the same time, but every 2 or 3 days im putting 10 lbs or better in at least 1. No rim damage....I'm guessing stock tire are krap and have to go? Could usevsome thoughts.
Thank you,
Matt

·
Registered
232 Posts
Either the tire beads and/or the TPMS sensor seals are leaking. Are you checking the pressure when the tires are cold? Using a decent quality tire gauge?
An example of a TPMS sensor seal. A tire shop should be able to help.

Camera accessory Automotive lighting Audio equipment Tool Auto part

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have noticed the exact same thing. I had a 2020 Camry hybrid for two years, now I have a 2022 Camry hybrid and having the same problem. I stop and get the tire pressure checked every month at Discount tire, and/or the dealer at the 5000 mile interval, and every month all four tires have lost three or 4 pounds, it seems like they sit better at 33 pounds rather than 35 or 36.

·
Registered
15 Corolla LE CVT
14 Posts
Hi all,
So my 2017 50th anniversary has 19k on it and all the tires are loosing air. Not all at the same time, but every 2 or 3 days im putting 10 lbs or better in at least 1. No rim damage....I'm guessing stock tire are krap and have to go? Could usevsome thoughts.
Thank you,
Matt
Hi, rudemoose. Just happened upon your post and I have a suggestion. Even though your tires have low mileage, if it were me, I would go ahead and buy new tires. I would request that, during the install, each wheel be cleaned well where the tire seals (especially if alloy wheels). I'm guessing that the old rubber has stiffened and/or the rim seals have corroded. I'm sure you would notice a big difference in the ride with new tires due to the softer rubber. At the very least, have someone break the beads on all rims and clean/reseal each (8). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Jeez, the wife's 2016 Rogue has 57,000 miles on the original tires and they don't need air except in the fall when it gets cold. She doesn't even want me to touch them between 5k mile oil changes and her TPMS gives each tires individual pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts