Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tacosalad
06 Taco
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with 4 wheel parts.com I was asking for prices on Tires and rims...and the guy gave me a price for the Procomp 8089's that he said would fit my truck...they have to be 17's. He also told me the Toytec lift I'm getting isn't good with my stock shocks??? he said they would over extend them and blow the seals? what is he talking about??? I have the TRD package so I thought are shocks were fine???

the prices he gave me were $911.96 for 285's 17's for Bf Goodrich A/T's
the rim and tire package was like 1560 total...and lifetime structural AND cosmetic warranty...no matter what you do to them.

what do you guys think....? and what about cheap places to get tires??

I also like the centerline 8 balls....not sure which to go with out of these 2

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Stay away from them!! Get you tires at Costco! 285/75/16 cost me $704.98 mounted on the rims but not on the truck.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
They treated me very well and gave me an awesome price when I ordered my tires online. Guess I got lucky:dunno:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Got my 285 16's from tirerack for $487 shipped. Plus a $40 mail in rebate from Kumho for them. Mounting and balancing on the truck was maybe $60 at my local shop.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i only go there to buy something specific that i want and i can use their buying power and "price match" guarantee to get the price i want. Otherwise i will not go to them to consult with them on what i should buy etc some of those guys are no better than trained monkeys

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
My wheels and tires just arrived today from 4 Wheel Parts. The guy I dealt with was AWESOME. I'll add his name and direct extension in here when I get home from work.

You just missed a $75 instant rebate and free shipping on BFG tires. Although, I think they're running a $100 gift card offer now.

I'd heard horror stories about them, too. But, they treated me well, and they shipped my order perfectly. :dunno:

As for your shocks... they'll be fine... for a while. The lift will just wear them out that much quicker.

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
i ordered my tires and spacers from 4 wheel parts and they were pretty good to me, but i didnt call the online number, I called the nearest store to me

·
Registered
480 Posts
foofighter said:
oh shit that's really a good price...when did you get this?

I found them on sale at Easy-tire.com (i think its the website), Went to my firestone store i said can u meet this price they said yes...

I live right outside Boston so thier is a shit load of tire places around, I shopped around I found a set of Toyo OC A/T a set for $485 mounted. But i am cheap and i Dont trust them that well..

And the Duelers are not Revo's thier the old sytle..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts