Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
thats old news
 

·
Official Misfit
2006
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
i'd rather have a 400 HP Vette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
LOL..then go buy one. I would rather have a Xrunner anyday even stock over a vette. Atleast you dont see 50 of them a day and are made by GM well we all know about GM. I mean damn do they give Vettes away when Old people go on Social security anymore. Every old man has one and they are all Auto...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
05XRunner said:
LOL..then go buy one. I would rather have a Xrunner anyday even stock over a vette. Atleast you dont see 50 of them a day and are made by GM well we all know about GM. I mean damn do they give Vettes away when Old people go on Social security anymore. Every old man has one and they are all Auto...
You see more Vettes because they appeal to a larger market. Where the Xrunner has a small niche market of prepubescent boys who want a toy and not a true sports car. One last thing dude ..proofread your posts
 

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
Joined
·
948 Posts
I remember seeing pictures of that thing from SEMA. I think I read someplace that the super charger on that thing was just a non working mock-up. And not only that, but the 400 hp number was something the engineers "calculated."

Has anyone actually read or seen anything showing real test results and not just a few numbers that are being thrown around in articles... dyno charts, write-ups... anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
lol, im sorry, but i would take a vett over a toyota any day of the week... especially the new z06s with the new LS7s... dear lord thats a beautiful engine.
 

·
Official Misfit
2006
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
:withstupid:

there is nothing like driving a Vette. I wouldn't trade my shark for anything....well, maybe a new Z06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
montybones said:
You see more Vettes because they appeal to a larger market. Where the Xrunner has a small niche market of prepubescent boys who want a toy and not a true sports car. One last thing dude ..proofread your posts
No you see more Vettes because thy roll off the factory like cavaliers. they make like 50,000 or more a year. has nothing to who they appeal to. LOL you can go play with your garden variety GM. If I would go for any type of american Sports car it would be a Viper. Atleast Dodge is smart about them and only makes a small amount and ONLY makes them in 6speeds not a lame ass Auto. I mean come on its supposed to be a fun car to drive and be drivin like a sports car. Not for some yuppy to get put it in D and hit the gas.more towards what GM goes for make a car that ANY Tom Dick and hairy can get in and drive. Dont make it exclusive at all.
 

·
Official Misfit
2006
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
they don't make 50K per year. only twice have they exceeded 50K, in 79 and 84. my data goes thru 2002 and those topped out at 35,767. the reason you see so many, is because they have been making them since 53.

i don't have tacoma numbers, but i'd be shocked if tacoma numbers are below 35K per year.

not to beat this point, but until you have driven, or better yet, owned a Vette, then you just can't understand it.

i like my taco, but i love my vette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
I am talking the 97 up I see just as many of them a day as I do any other reg car on the road.
 

·
TN god
Joined
·
765 Posts
81shark said:
they don't make 50K per year. only twice have they exceeded 50K, in 79 and 84. my data goes thru 2002 and those topped out at 35,767. the reason you see so many, is because they have been making them since 53.

i don't have tacoma numbers, but i'd be shocked if tacoma numbers are below 35K per year.

not to beat this point, but until you have driven, or better yet, owned a Vette, then you just can't understand it.

i like my taco, but i love my vette.
i've driven a C5, C5 Z06, and a C6 and could not see spending the money for one. id wrather have a M3 with the tiptronic tranny. but thats just me. BUT the new C6 ZO6 is THE SHIT!! saw one in person cruising around (old man..lol) mid 11's stock.. VERY impressive.. but i wonder how much each dealer is marking them up over sticker?!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
Marty McFly said:
i've driven a C5, C5 Z06, and a C6 and could not see spending the money for one. id wrather have a M3 with the tiptronic tranny. but thats just me. BUT the new C6 ZO6 is THE SHIT!! saw one in person cruising around (old man..lol) mid 11's stock.. VERY impressive.. but i wonder how much each dealer is marking them up over sticker?!
Forget the tiptronic go with the SMG . . .

I had a tiptronic . . . The SMG is bbbbbbbad!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
05XRunner said:
No you see more Vettes because thy roll off the factory like cavaliers. they make like 50,000 or more a year. has nothing to who they appeal to. LOL you can go play with your garden variety GM. If I would go for any type of american Sports car it would be a Viper. Atleast Dodge is smart about them and only makes a small amount and ONLY makes them in 6speeds not a lame ass Auto. I mean come on its supposed to be a fun car to drive and be drivin like a sports car. Not for some yuppy to get put it in D and hit the gas.more towards what GM goes for make a car that ANY Tom Dick and hairy can get in and drive. Dont make it exclusive at all.
To each his own. For a truck that's only been on the market for 1-2 years, i sure do see a lot of xrunners (and A LOT of 05-06 tacomas). if you want to compare the rarity of vettes at least compare 97+ vettes to 97+ tacomas (i personally see a ton more tacomas). it's not really fair to compare one particular line of a truck model to an entire model of another car. but even still what's so special about having a rare car unless there's something else special about the car. if all you cared about is rarity why didnt you get a lincoln blackwood (cuz those trucks are winners).

so what's so special about an x runner that you feel the need to talk shit about vettes? the fact that you can't haul/tow shit? or that you need full internals to hit 400hp at the crank? or is it the fact that even with 400hp, a stock c5 vette, auto transmission, middle-aged yuppy driver and all would still smoke you? I wouldn't give up my truck for a vette, but i'd take a vette over an xrunner anyday. but that's just me.

And BTW auto-trannys are beneficial for drag racing, i know plenty of people who specifically bought automatic vettes for this reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Marty McFly said:
i've driven a C5, C5 Z06, and a C6 and could not see spending the money for one. id wrather have a M3 with the tiptronic tranny. but thats just me. BUT the new C6 ZO6 is THE SHIT!! saw one in person cruising around (old man..lol) mid 11's stock.. VERY impressive.. but i wonder how much each dealer is marking them up over sticker?!
wow, you must have not dirven the c5 z06 hard enough. as far as stock/mild/or wildly modified cars that platform has to be one of the better best bang for the buck setups out there. and that goes for drag racing or road racing. that's if you're just talking performace. the M3 is definitely more lux, and stands out a lot more, but it's definitely no z06 at the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
slow231 said:
To each his own. For a truck that's only been on the market for 1-2 years, i sure do see a lot of xrunners (and A LOT of 05-06 tacomas). if you want to compare the rarity of vettes at least compare 97+ vettes to 97+ tacomas (i personally see a ton more tacomas). it's not really fair to compare one particular line of a truck model to an entire model of another car. but even still what's so special about having a rare car unless there's something else special about the car. if all you cared about is rarity why didnt you get a lincoln blackwood (cuz those trucks are winners).

so what's so special about an x runner that you feel the need to talk shit about vettes? the fact that you can't haul/tow shit? or that you need full internals to hit 400hp at the crank? or is it the fact that even with 400hp, a stock c5 vette, auto transmission, middle-aged yuppy driver and all would still smoke you? I wouldn't give up my truck for a vette, but i'd take a vette over an xrunner anyday. but that's just me.

And BTW auto-trannys are beneficial for drag racing, i know plenty of people who specifically bought automatic vettes for this reason.
I dont like vettes at all. I dont think any of them look good. So unless they took away everyons own opinion then I will say what i want about them. I dont like them. I see them ALL over, and I would never own a GM.
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top