Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, the other day my timing belt crapped out on me, so now both my cars don't run lol :p .

does anyone know if the 4a-f is non-interferance? I don't want to have to go through the trouble of replacing the belt just to find out it ate a valve.

thanks guys.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Problem is if its ever in its history had a head gasket change with head machining... it might be interference.

G

·
0 Posts
eage8 said:
hey, the other day my timing belt crapped out on me, so now both my cars don't run lol :p .

does anyone know if the 4a-f is non-interferance? I don't want to have to go through the trouble of replacing the belt just to find out it ate a valve.

thanks guys.
so take the head off and do the headgasket and timing belt at the same time and take a little look to see if it "ate a valve" and if it did replace, or discard engine and purchase new one :)

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
Also just for the record the ST 20v is non interference. BT 20v is interference.

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, I already ordered the new belt.

freakin box: no, I didn't hear any wierd noises at all, it broke one night when I tried to start it and it just sounded funny. I thought it was the starter at first.

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
gekishibu86 said:
All belt driven Toyota engines are non interference except for the V8 i-force. All chain driven are interference.
That is not true at all. Most single cam belt drive toyta engine are interference 2e's 1s's 2s's etc. etc. Blacktops are interference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts