Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1988 MR2 S/C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-
I thought I would throw a post on here even though I am inquired about a MR2 because it is an engine-related issue and I know a lot of you guys probably know quite a bit about this engine and their superchargers. I was just wondering if anyone with the 4A-GZE engine on here has ever converted or even looked into doing the conversion from the SC12 stock supercharger to the SC14 supercharger off of the 94-96 Previa? I have heard of people doing this, and supposedly it is good for quite a power improvement with pulleys, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me any modifying that is required to make this fit, or is it relatively a bolt on? I was mostly curious if belts would still be okay. If anyone could offer any input on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot guys!

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
It involves alot of fabrication, as the sc14 is alot larger than the sc12.

I've seen one done here and it took the guy many months to iron out all the bugs with it. In the end he said a turbo conversion would have been alot eaiser.
Probably would have made more horsepower to.

·
Registered
1988 MR2 S/C
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys-

Thanks a lot. I probably should have started asking questions about this engine on here a long time ago. I posted the same thing on the MR2 section and got nothing. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.