Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
This is my first post on this forum. I tried the flashing 'search' button but it didn't shine too much light on this subject. My questions are:

1. Is there a suitable carb upgrade for this car? ('86 corolla w/ 4A-C)
2. Would this be worth doing?

I'm using this car as a daily driver for now. It suits me fine, but I wouldn't mind a bit more power and all too often, a carb upgrade is a great way to do that.

If anyone's interested, I bought the car for $500cdn (~$350US), with 212000kms on it. Not a bad price for a car that's had religious oil changes from day 1 (came with a folder full of reciepts), and a timing belt change 3,000kms ago. I'm not really inspired to make this into a wild project car or anything like that, since it's a 4-door with a SOHC, but getting a little more power out of a car that already has relatively impressive torque for its size isn't totally out of the question.

Thanks, any opinions welcome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Me too

I was wondering the same thing. I've got a JDM swap, but it's carbed. It's an '88 SR5 and I've already put on a set of headers and a K&N air filter. BUT, I need more power. I want to race at the strip, but I'm kinda embarrased. There is a local Civic that's running 8's in the 1/8 mile. I NEED MORE POWER.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd go to a junkyard and try to find something that came with a Weber carb from the factory, and make an adaptor plate.
You will probably need to get a second one to rob the secondary emulsion tube from for good performance.
We used to use Pinto/Capri, Fiat, carbs for donors.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts