Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
the power output will pretty much be the same, you're gonna have some difficulties with the injectors, they are located in the head if I remember correctly.

·
Banned
245 Posts
You don't remember correctly. 4AFE has them in the end of the intake manifold.. right next to the head. So basically all you need to do is swap intake manifolds, swap distributors, engine harnesses, ECU, engine bay fuse box... Lots of work basically not worth it.. might as well swap engine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
At first I was thinking to convert 4AGE but in Turkey Toyota parts are too expensive. Also some are difficult to find. A second hand cylinder head costs more than 1000 $. So I changed my mind.

I know that AE92 with a 4AF is 93hp and a 4AFE without catalytic converter should be about 110 hp. Then don't you think that modifying with the original parts worth to gain 17hp?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
EGR, Cat converter, and some models I believe have air injection. I have it all in the workshop manual, but... I'm not gonna get into it, cuz I dont have the book here.

·
Registered
Corolla GT-S
55 Posts
Punisher said:
Sounds like you need to get rid of your Toyota then and get a more popular vehicle :)
punisher dude i wonder what car u drive...a honda for sure...cuz that is popular right?...wrong mother f*ucker...toyota makes best carz in the whole world...

·
Banned
245 Posts
Go fuck yourself Drei.

I drive an '89 corolla coupe SR5 which after doing a lot of build up on the 4AF, I pulled and put a 7AFE in..

I told him to go get a more popular vehicle for his country because it is so hard and expensive for him to source toyo parts where he lives.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't wanna change my car, because me and daddy really love it.

Then can anyone help me if i try to buy the parts from outside Turkey?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Punisher
For a guy that drives a toyota you have alot of negative things to say to the guys in this forum, and yes flashmn is correct i have a 4AFE cylinder head home and it does have injectors holes in the head. Remember we are here to help each other in the forum not cry other down, if a guy doesn't know.....help him. i'm sure you weren't born knowing everything.
Come on man!!!!:mad:

·
Banned
245 Posts
Honest mistake in any case, because newer generation of 4afe has them in the intake manifold.

And what negative things do I have to say? I just told him it might be wiser to get a more popular vehicle in his country.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys,

no need to fight by words. it is ok. lets return to the topic. I know that the earlier 4afe engines had the injectors on the head. So my, engine due to being 4af, has no holes for injectors. Then the question is; can the intake manifold of the later generation 4afe engine that has injectors on it fit my head?

by the way Flashmn, my mechanic told me that my engine had no EGR and catalytic converter. but it was 93 hp as i knew. Can this difference be because of the low octane numbers of the fuel ( the best fuel in turkey is 98 octane unleaded)?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
by the way Flashmn, my mechanic told me that my engine had no EGR and catalytic converter. but it was 93 hp as i knew. Can this difference be because of the low octane numbers of the fuel
Naah, because 98 oct. is highest here too. Euro models were rated at 95hp... JP/Asia models were 105hp.. I dont know why, this is what I was told by a toyota representative.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need help!!!

I had a 1996 corolla with the 4AFE 1.6L, with the crank sensor, I had to replace the engine, the only engine I could get at the time, had no crank sensor, so I took the oil pump and sensor of the old engine and put it on the new one, so it now has a crank sensor, but on start up I got an engine fault, it says the CAM sensor is not working, the engines runs ok but it looses power under load and sometimes it surges. Any one know if the engine with the crank sensor, and the one with out the crank sensor have different cams?? Or know of any other reason for the CAM sensor suddenly not working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Martin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
keremerdag said:
can 4AF engine be converted to 4AFE without changing the cylinder head? if so, do i gain or loose power?
i suggest u stick with the carb version 4AF,so what is the point you wanna this coonversion?fuel economy?power?:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts