Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
keremerdag said:
more power with economy.
sorry! no power if economy. If you really want to fit in the E into the 4AF, the tuner must be very skillful with alot of money for the peripherals. Otherwise, your converted 4af'E' would be doggy on the street plus the fuel killer! There is very high ratio of cost over performance.

·
Immortal
332 Posts
Making the engine fuel injected "E" will require fairly major wiring changes. Might as well swap in something worth your while.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
but when u upgrade to performance carbs, you should buy a gas station too :D . economy is important for mee too because i drive this car daily.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Its not that bad, takes about 10 liters of gas per 100km.... Thats if I use the gas with my toes :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
is yours stock carb? with the stok carb mine takes 10 litres per 100 km too (inner city). tyres 185/55 R15 82V

·
Registered
2 Posts
city cruise in jakarta would cost me 1lt for 9 km.. 60% traffic jams along my route.. i ride 4af ae92 stock - with addition of DIY oil catch can. some guys i know already implement water injection system for their 4afe - any of you here ever heard/implement such system? is it feasible? power increase and economy? :D

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
bogs a bit before 2000rpm, because I lack the vacuum advance, then it feels like a turbocharger till 7000rpm. I need to get semi slicks up front next summer, before I swapped my winter tires underneath, I had difficulties with grip, it would spin the wheels when I slammed the throttle all the way till third gear... not so fun when you try to drive fast in corners.. understeer, understeer. But fun when you're going in a straight line.
Whats helping is that the intake tract is alot better in length than before. I'm running slightly over 11", the ends of the velocity stacks are about 2cm from the firewall, so the pulsecharging effect hits just nicely.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
about 500 euros. for parts... then jets and some misc. parts I needed to tune it... so maybe around 600euros would be the total sum.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
If you cant see the carbs, you need some glasses :lol:

The gauge is a fuel pressure gauge, had to set it to 0.15-0.20bars.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts