Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if I could replace my worn-out 3speed automatic transmission from my 93 4af (carburator) corolla with a 4afe 99-2002 automatic fuel inyected one for cheap. Thanks!

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,415 Posts
Welcome to Toyota Nation! What country are you from? I assume not the US, because our 98-02 Corollas came with the 1ZZ-FE engine, not the 4A-FE.

What transmission did the 99-02 Corolla use? Also a 3 speed? Was it electronically controlled or an old manual one? I've heard the 3 speed from the 7th gen was carried over to the 8th gen in some countries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Perú, the donor transmission is from a 99-2002 Japan imported 4afe engine, dont know the series number. My 4af have a 3 speed and its currently on my car.

Here is a picture of the donor, dont really know anything about automatic transmission.

Thanks, I really appreciate.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello i just wanna ask if a 4af engine like your has a transmission harness ? I have the same engine but i wanna convert it to automatic transmission. Im just trying to gather us much information and im thinking same thing what kind of transmission i can use .

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,902 Posts
Hello i just wanna ask if a 4af engine like your has a transmission harness ? I have the same engine but i wanna convert it to automatic transmission. Im just trying to gather us much information and im thinking same thing what kind of transmission i can use .
4A-FE used only non-electronic transmissions, but the 7A-FE used the electronic four speed automatic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts