Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, bare with my lack of car experience here, but when making a homebrew intake for my car, it's kind of hard finding a way to keep the vacuum line from the valve cover to the air intake on the new intake if I make my own.

Is there a way that I can bridge that vacuum line into a different one to keep it, but not have it at the intake point so I can make my own cold air intake? I really don't want to shell out the money for some chromed aluminum piece of junk piping that will prevent me from routing it totally the way I want without cutting it up just for the nipple to connect the vacuum line to :ugh3:

I'm a complete noob to vacuum lines, maybe a simple breakdown of do's and don'ts would be great...if you have the time. Thanks!

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which hose do you mean? How thick and how long is it?

EDIT: here's my 4AF engine bay, which hose is it:

If you trace a line vertical from the centermost bolt on the valve cover between the plug wires, it is the vacuum line connected to the black line attachment on the air cleaner in your picture.

·
Rawr!
1988 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had been following this thread too :) I just didn't see the weber set up picture yet. Thanks for the link.

I'm very close to considering just buying the Weber kit online since it will take care of all that shit and have a good intake already installed.

I'll have the money for it in a week or so if I want, the only thing holding me back is the fact that there's not a lot of information out there for noobs about what to do with the vacuum lines and whatnot...but judging from the picture I just get rid of them all but the main advances.

What do I do with the old lines that are removed? Will the car still run? Sorry, I'm really confused. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts