Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell if it is a direct swap from a 4afe to 4agze I could get a 20 valve silver top or the supercharged one and i don't if it will bolt right onto the transmission and if my wiring harnest is good from my 4efe if i just change the ecu.Any help is apreciated I'm just learning

·
nice guy
191 Posts
it will bolt in and up to the tranny....but you will have to get a new fuel pump. And you will probable have to get a new wiring harnest...but i am not for sure....and you will definatly have to get a new ecu unless you are a super computer man guy.:D

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
it is a direct bolt in for the engines yes. some very slight modifications are required for the peripherals if you get them, for example the brake hoses are in different spots. As for the harness, no it wont work, as you are going from MAP on the 4a-fe to AFM on the 4A-GE. The other issue is the speedo. That will need to be re-wired too, along with the rest of the insides.

Take it from me, I have done this swap. It can be done, but you will need a harness for the engine, and some electrical skills to mate the inside to the outside.

As for the fuel pump, if you go with the 20v, there is no need to get a new one, but the GZE it is essential.

It will also bolt straight onto the C50 tranny too.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
i've learned specs from online (4 years) and quite some time actually digging into the 4age, the old 4afe, and ripping apart the mr2....

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
sonyminidiscman: reasearch before i did my swap, and also alot of trial and error on my sponsored rally car as well as my current road car.

Have pulled apart 4A-FE's 7A-FE's and 3S-GE's. Will be pulling apart the 20v too when i start my 'project TZ-20a'. That is where i get alot of my info on the GZE... reasearch into the s/c and internals of that for my twincharging project.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Thats why sponsorship was good... If we broke it or crashed it.. they would pay :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi im new to the board. Maybe I can help you out.

here's a link to some of the technical references to the 4AG / 4AGZE motor.

http://www.club4ag.com/technical_main.htm

This link is kind of a HOW-TO on the 20V swap.
ttp://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/ae86_project%2020V.htm

But then again, you said you have a 4afe motor. That's the newer model of the corolla right? Anyways... there's a forum in that website, and I post there too. So maybe that could start you on your research.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
no... newer (98-02) has a 1zz-fe... 03-04's have a 1zz-fe, and the 05's have either 1zz-fe or 2zz-ge depending on trim

the 4a-fe/7a-fe were only available through 1997 (here in the states.. they were, however, available around the world in newer cars)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts