Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat in the hell is this flex pipe? the one that connect to the header on the 4afe.can i cut it off and put a normal pipe there instead of that.:confused:

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops..............:eek: :eek: :eek: i cut it off and welded a normal pipe...lol
wonder why my whole muffler rattles now .:lol: :p:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
in my 4afe to 4age swap i lost the flexpipe as well.... the header i bought used a ball and socket, however they didn't send exhaust spring bolts with the header..... i went through at least 5 mid pipe gaskets and one header gasket......

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
You need it.. if you take it out, your exhaust pipe will keep breaking because of engine torquing. That's when the motor moves back and forth as you press on the gas pedal. Open your hood and find the throttle cable pull on it to give gas to the motor, you will see how much the motor moves, flex pipes are there to "flex" when the motor does this. I didn't have one on my old Civic and it used to break the pipes at least once a month until I got one put on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
damn~! i've been looking for one ... i got quoted 150 for a used one ... :eek:

how did you cut it off ? is it still usable, in your case i hope it is :lol:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
For you Canadian guys, Crappy Tire carries these. I think they're on sale right now.

You American guys.... Uh. I dunno. Try Pep Boys or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
seriously...?!?! i asked canadian tire about it last week, guy told me they don't carry them..though i've seen things that they sell which i think would work ... i'm 2 noob to do any custom welding...

* sighz *

looks like my car will always be a head turner... cause it's so damn lound/ghetto

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There are flex pipes in the exhaust section. They're braided, but not as high quality as others.

We ARE talking about these, right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
any idea on what size i'll need?, i'm gonna to take a look at them again tmw... and see what i can use...

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wow, i guess i got lucky i made the cut an inch"and a half, over the braids i guess ill just weld it back on then.
:D thanx :thumbup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
It bolts right on. If you live in the US go to Salvo's. I think I paid like 65 bux for mine.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
none of my pipes have ever broken, however a poor weld (that another exhaust shop did) broke at the cat due to no flexing..... had it rewelded by a buddy and only had gasket issues since...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts